Dynamic Recovery Solutions

usagi555

Anybody familiar with these guys?

I have a friend who just received a letter from them on a debt that if it were valid, which it is not, would be so far out of the SOL that it's not even funny. He settled it about 10 years ago, and on the letter it lists the OC as Providian. It's possible that he even still has the settlment documentation.

I already know these guys will violate because there are at least two violations on the letter. The 1692g maxi-miranda was in 7 or 8 point font, which was much smaller than the font elsewhere. I looked at the letter and didn't key in on it right away, and I was looking for it. It was overshadowed like crazy. Their "We Report To CRAs" was certainly in a larger font size. Also, if they are trying to collect on a time barred debt in my state, they have to place a notice tha the debt is time barred and that they can't sue over it. That was not in there.

There was no reference to who actually owned the debt, so either DRS owns it, or there is a mystery JDB in there.

Anyhow, his plate is beyond full right now, so no pro se for him.

BTW, you can do an online live chat with some of their employees.

I looked them up because that name seemed familiar. They have an office in my state. It's not clear if they merely collect, or if they purchase debts, as well. I'm thinking they're just a CA.

I'd either DV or send a C&D.

Dynamic Recovery Solutions, a Full Service Debt Collection Agency

He wouldn't mind toying with them a bit, then taking them on, but he'd just have to get an attorney to do it when it gets beyond the toying with them stage. We are both kind of interested in who the mystery JDB is.

He wouldn't mind toying with them a bit, then taking them on, but he'd just have to get an attorney to do it when it gets beyond the toying with them stage. We are both kind of interested in who the mystery JDB is.

Toy away! I agree it would be interesting to find out for whom they're collecting, but DRS made the boo boos. Check some case law in your state to see if creditors can be held liable (vicarious liability) for the actions of the CA.

Even if your friend complains to the AG, hopefully he'll get an attorney to nail them. Too bad he doesn't have time to send his own ITS. He has them on both state and federal violations.

BTW, considering their CRA notice, I'd be checking my credit report.