BoP: "Plaintiff reserves the right to supplement their Bill of Particulars."

In reviewing the BoP I received from the JDB attorney, I noted that the last numbered item states:

"the plaintiff reserves the right to supplement their Bill of Particulars."

Now, as I understand it, I have to respond/"answer" each of their number claims in my Grounds of Defense. I get that for the other number items, such as "Plaintiff claims XXX amount owed."

For the one related to "the plaintiff reserves the right to supplement their Bill of Particulars" I would obviously like to block this if it is my prerogative. It seems like a cheap way for the JDB attorney to at the last minute throw something into the case that they didn't want to disclose earlier on. I realize that the statement might be boiler plate - but I see no reason to grant any quarter which could be used against me later, if a simple statement in my GoD could wipe it out.

Thanks for any input,

Brody

If they try to spring evidence at the last minute, you can object on the grounds of surprise; you weren't given any time to analyze or refute the evidence. Doing it at trial isn't exactly conforming to the rules. That is a standard discovery disclaimer, but it is not designed to allow parties to circumvent court procedure.