Help! Need Agent for Service for Barclays Bank in California

Hi all,

I have what I think is a very solid small claims case against Juniper/Barclays Bank in California(has to do with their collection practices). They are registered in Delaware as "Barclays Bank". I am having some issues locating their agent for service of process in California. Like most conglomerates they have numerous Inc's and I can't seem to find the company that governs their credit card division. I have searched the California Secretary of State Business portal and nothing is coming up. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Try the office of the comptroller of the currency. Barclay's is British as I recall. They may be federally chartered here as a national bank operating out of Delaware. Original creditors such as banks are not subject to the FDCPA, that is only for debt collectors. What is this about? We need a lot more info.

Try the office of the comptroller of the currency. Barclay's is British as I recall. They may be federally chartered here as a national bank operating out of Delaware. Original creditors such as banks are not subject to the FDCPA, that is only for debt collectors. What is this about? We need a lot more info.

Hi Legaleagle,

Thanks for the response, as they are the OC and I live in California they would fall under the RFDCPA. The basis for the suit has to do with harassment, specifically Cal Civ Code § 1788.11.(d),(e). I've kept tons of records, and without giving away the farm, they have violated several of the clauses. If they haven't registered with the Cal Secretary of State then they cannot do business within the State, am I correct in this? If I cannot find their agent for service of process under the businness name they have given me (Barclays Bank Delaware) can I instead serve them in Delaware?

Thanks!!