Discover Card Question(s)

I'm gearing up for a suit with Discover Card. Why? Because they sue everyone. Here is my situation. I made payment to Discover to cover arrears prior to charge off. I made the payment by the date due, and have documentation to prove that the payment was made and credited by said due date (from discovers website). Lo and behold, Discover charges off the account, then posts the payment 4 DAYS LATER.

When I told them they were engaging in fraud, they locked out my account, and told me to pay them. I told them doubtful.

Also, I live in a relatively large county, 600K+, and by checking records, discover has not filed suit here since 07.

any ideas on my chances of getting stung? what about crediting the account late?

Thanks!

Not sure about crediting the account late but I do know that charge offs are an accounting method. I think they have to do that is the account is so many days/months past due as they can not use it in their assets column. I really find it hard to believe that there aren't any suits by Discover in your county. It could be that they've sold it to a JDB.

Don't know why they would do that, just keep all papers, read the FDCPA rules there's probably something you can do. First in mind not posting accurate info on the credit report, is a violetion of the rules for sure. Maybe you can even call them and get advice.

If they sue you, and IF your state got use and acceptance you could use all the info the people of this great Forum THANK YOU ALL!!, had provided me to win my wife case against Discovery card. Monday I plan on filing a Motion to Dismiss (wish me luck :) ).

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/there-lawyer-house/312293-help-summon-discover-bank.html

Are you planning on suing them for this? An accounting glitch probably won't get you anywhere, especially if it is something they can cure. They can probably terminate you and charge off the account any time they want per the cardholder agreement. The FDCPA does not apply to OCs. The FCRA does, but has limited usage.