How soon do deleted debts affect credit score?

faiths13

I have just finished up some disputes with Experian and Transunion. I was able to get several items deleted - well at least that was what the email said. I'm wondering how soon they actually show as deleted on my credit report and how soon it will affect my credit score?

From what I've heard its 3-6 months to start seeing sometype of significant change. I'm new to this, so I'm on the same boat right now. But if the email said its deleted it should be, although I've read that when stuff gets deleted from ur credit file the Credit bureaus are supposed to send you a copy of ur credit files without the item

This is what I know so far, Equifax sent me an email saying a disputed item was deleted, when I went to their site I put the confirmation code in and it said it was deleted, I then made a copy.

I called and spoke with an Experian rep and they confirmed that I had items deleted but told me since I recently requested my Credit file that I have 90 days to view it.I have still to check it.

Transunioun confirmed with me over the phone that The items I disputed were deleted and I shud be expecting a new credit file over the mail without the items.

Now equifax, I had to purchase a new copy cause when I went to annual credit report .com they stated I already saw my credit file which I didn't so I said fine and paid a hefty 11 bucks for it. When I asked the rep at Equifax they said the items were deleted but I had to purchase another 11 dollar report to view it.

All in all I went to the courthouse to get all my judgments vacated. I was overwhelmed by the thought of sending certified letters here and there and documents, I said the heck with it and disputed them over the phone. Took the reps name, date and time down, never sent a single document and amazingly they all were done within two weeks after they verified with the courts. If any would have came back I wud have done it the proper way.

But give it some time, then check back. If you know ur scores before hand it would help. Id say the first month change starts taking place by the third you shud see something substantially the more time passes.

Both mine and my husband credit scores are NA right now, so any score would be helpful at this point. But Im not sure if just getting these things deleted off will affect our scores or not. Transunion showed me a copy of my credit score after they sent the email saying the item was deleted, but it still showed everything that Experian said would be deleted. It also did not show my credit score.

I don't know about you guys, but my credit scores have shown immediate impovement with the deletion of items. My TRU was at 445 I think in Januaury, fter some paying off and hard fighting with som CA's, my score is now 654, Experian 714 and Equifax is still down at 608, but that is a signifigant improvement over the low 400's that i was the 1st of the year.

I'm hoping to crack 600 or more on my credit score, once my 3 out of 5 credit card debts are posted as paid. Thing is, I don't know if they'll report them (or delete them) as they are CAs and not OCs. Anyone know about this? As of now, I'm at 597 on Equifax, and not sure on the others. You guys are a little further down the line with this process as I'm just now getting my requested "settled in full" letters from the paid lump sum settlements I settled recently. I wonder if this will change my credit score/report, like what if the CAs I settled with dont report it as paid or zero balance like they said they would?

5 credit cards:

2 Cap One both paid in lump settlements

1 Chase paid off

MBNA pending settlement negotiations

BofA pending lawsuit, settlement, negotiations

I don't know about you guys, but my credit scores have shown immediate impovement with the deletion of items. My TRU was at 445 I think in Januaury, fter some paying off and hard fighting with som CA's, my score is now 654, Experian 714 and Equifax is still down at 608, but that is a signifigant improvement over the low 400's that i was the 1st of the year.

wow! thats great news!

Seems like it varies from person to person and CRA.

Last summer I had a 608 with Experian and TU and a 599 with Equifax. I started disputed false/incorrect data and within a month they each dropped to Exp 579, TU 557, equifax 524. Experian is still reporting tons of negative information that I am still fighting with them over but they have deleted a few items. TU and Equifax have deleted almost everything negative from my reports and I currently have TU 602, Exp 580, and Eq 612. Now get this though, last month I had a 625 with Eq and a new collection popped up from NCO and my score dropped to 596. Within a week it was deleted but my score only went back to a 612. So you may seem some movement immediately, but it is a lot slower up than down. Also, when the majority of stuff was being deleted last year, I saw only a 7 point increase for several months. Then it jumped 70 points in a month. Well that was Equifax anyways. Like I said Experian is still the same after 7 months even though 4 items (one a public record) were deleted, all the current negatives were changed to show they were 2+ years old except for 2, and one of those is paid.

I'm hoping to crack 600 or more on my credit score, once my 3 out of 5 credit card debts are posted as paid. Thing is, I don't know if they'll report them (or delete them) as they are CAs and not OCs. Anyone know about this? As of now, I'm at 597 on Equifax, and not sure on the others. You guys are a little further down the line with this process as I'm just now getting my requested "settled in full" letters from the paid lump sum settlements I settled recently. I wonder if this will change my credit score/report, like what if the CAs I settled with dont report it as paid or zero balance like they said they would?

5 credit cards:

2 Cap One both paid in lump settlements

1 Chase paid off

MBNA pending settlement negotiations

BofA pending lawsuit, settlement, negotiations

If you just paid these accounts & did not get a PFD, your scores will not change! You need them to be delted, before your score will rise.

Nice! I have only seen tiny gains from deletions at best. Multiple deletions got me a little, but nothing as much as that. Experian is still reporting tons of junk, TU a few things, but Equifax I had multiple charge offs, one judgment, and several collections deleted but only a 88 point increase in 8 months of deletions. On that equifax report there is only one negative...a repo from 2009 and it's still only a 612.

Experian seems to be my biggest issue, for some reason my scores are not as high as I thought they should be, but who actually knows how they figure those scores? 3 months ago I couldn't get clear water to put a water machine in my office, now I am driving a new Kia Rio, 4 months ahead on the payments.

I just pulled my credit report with Equifax to see all 3 credit scores and FICO score.

FICO 644

Equifax 611

Transunion 581

Experian 576

not sure if there's much of a change yet, maybe i have to call the payee CAs to remind them to "pay for delete" what is that exactly? even tho each agreed in writing that debt is paid and satisfied in full. It is up to them to report it as such, and they may vary in their wording?

Although Im trying to figure out differing amounts posted on my Cred report. Well my scores are in the "fair" range now, so i guess thats good, and my fico says "not good" or I call it "almost good."

Midland is trying to steamroll me into a financial cripple now. I can only pay them so much without completely jeopardizing my future prospects! Damn them! It'd be nice to have a chance at a career and a business for once in my life!

You got your scores, but when was the last time you checked you actual reports? Any thing you paid for delete, if it is still reporting dispute. It should drop because they can't verify. If they do, I hope you had the pay for delete in writing. Disputing is usually the fastest way to update a tradeline.