Old judgement aganist me in wrong county

softwareguy

I won't go into the whole story here, but lets just say that I screwed up really bad back in and around 2007 when I bought a business that went bad. This resulted in several debt collection lawsuits against me, for which I ignored each one of them because I had no defense and I didn't want them to know where I worked at the time.

Several default judgements were made against me. One however was in the wrong county. I live in Orange County, and the lawsuit was filed in Los Angeles County. I have lived in Orange County my entire life.

My question is, is there anyway to go back and counter sue to have this dismissed, even though this judgement was entered into in 2009? Or am I screwed? I might add that this judgement also resulted in a lien against my house.

Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

Was the business ever in LA county?

Also keep in mind that if a transaction was made there, you can be sued there- it's called a nexus.

Generally, you have 2 years (if memory serves) to contest the judgment...so you're probably out of luck there...the only three things you could do are nothing, try to negotiate the judgments down or file BK.

Edited by 1stStep