Just called Clerk and pretrial date already set for April.

Hi 1STEP & SEADRAGON!

I called the court today just for the heck of it and found out my pretrial has been set for April 16th at 8:30am.

As far as what I've sent so far, I haven't. I posted my final drafts on the thread

My Response to FORM Interrogatories. I'm hoping to get a couple of more to review it before I print and mail tomorrow. Any takers? lol

Calawyer??

Never to be the one to take the other side, but I am assuming you're pro-se? If so that means you not only represent yourself but you're assumed to know all the procedures and rules just like an atty of twenty years.

An atty follows up with the court, calls the clerk (case coordinator where I am) and keeps close tabs on the case and does not just rely on what is sent in the mail. In other words an atty, which you are for this case, is proactive in making sure their client (you are the client) is protected from any surprises.

I'm not saying it's fair or you should not get proper notice !! I'm saying that when you assume the role of an atty you have to assume the role of protecting your client, yourself in this case.

Based on my experiences the assistant(s) or case coordinators are some of the most friendly and helpful people. In a case I had the case coordinator was a very nice retired older lady that basically treated me like I was her grandson and the neighborhood bullies were trying to hurt me.

I still send her a Christmas card. Postage courtsey of the junk debt buyer of course.

Never to be the one to take the other side, but I am assuming you're pro-se? If so that means you not only represent yourself but you're assumed to know all the procedures and rules just like an atty of twenty years.

An atty follows up with the court, calls the clerk (case coordinator where I am) and keeps close tabs on the case and does not just rely on what is sent in the mail. In other words an atty, which you are for this case, is proactive in making sure their client (you are the client) is protected from any surprises.

I'm not saying it's fair or you should not get proper notice !! I'm saying that when you assume the role of an atty you have to assume the role of protecting your client, yourself in this case.

Based on my experiences the assistant(s) or case coordinators are some of the most friendly and helpful people. In a case I had the case coordinator was a very nice retired older lady that basically treated me like I was her grandson and the neighborhood bullies were trying to hurt me.

I still send her a Christmas card. Postage courtesy of the junk debt buyer of course.

Yep!! that's why I thought, mmm, I better call! I don't know the procedures and most of us newbies don't, that's why so many jdb's win in default!

I want a Grandma Case Coordinator!:roll: Or Grandpa for that goes.

Edited by whattodocacourt