account listed as charged off however I am paying it

I searched around and I can not believe this has not been asked. I apologize if it has and I can not find it.

I pulled a copy of our (wife and mine) CR's. We have been paying on a Capital One account for about 2 years. It shows as "Closed, Charged off, Bad Debt".

I called Capital One and they tell me it was charged off and they can not change the status until it is paid up in full.

Advice? I could be paying on this account another 2 to 3 years before this happens.

Just because you paid or are paying on the debt, does not mean they have to change it from charge off, I have two that are paid in full, showing paid in full, but they still say charge off, 180 days from the DOFD they can report Charged off.

Just because you paid or are paying on the debt, does not mean they have to change it from charge off, I have two that are paid in full, showing paid in full, but they still say charge off, 180 days from the DOFD they can report Charged off.

So I should continue to pay these off and eventually they will show paid in full.