Multiple Debts being "Bundled" by collection agency

jcamden

Hi there!

I am in the process of getting my debts paid down, well at least attempting to.

I contacted an agency where i have several debts, i sent them a letter requesting all correspondence to be through mail, not over the phone. I asked them to send me each account in my name with the amount owed.

They sent me a letter, which contained only 1 account number, but several debts under that account. Can they legally do that?

Here is what i have (im not going to lie):

Account Number: 280376

Balance : $8325.29

Creditor Principal interest Allcosts Amt owed

Cellular one 1996.33 2459.52 0.00 4455.85

District court 250.00 384.38 83.25 717.63

District Court 303.00 532.53 100.90 936.43

Serenity Point 779.75 545.37 0.00 1325.12

Court Cost 0.00 325.67 564.59 890.26

Again-- they have all this under just 1 account instead of individual accounts for each Creditor.

I have pulled my credit report, Cellular One does not even show, which leads me to believe that that account is out of the Statute of Limitations and by law i am not legally required to pay that.

What can i do? What kind of letter should i send and what facts should i state?

Thanks Ahead of time for any assistance.

In my opinion that's a gray area - and I've noticed that there are a few CAs that are doing that now - to save $$ on postage of all things.

Send a DV letter that states I dispute each and every one of the debts listed and demand that your firm validate each and every one of them.

Guest usctrojanalum

They sent me a letter, which contained only 1 account number, but several debts under that account. Can they legally do that?

Yes.

Hi there!

I am in the process of getting my debts paid down, well at least attempting to.

I contacted an agency where i have several debts, i sent them a letter requesting all correspondence to be through mail, not over the phone. I asked them to send me each account in my name with the amount owed.

Here is what i have (im not going to lie):

Account Number: 280376

Balance : $8325.29

Creditor Principal interest Allcosts Amt owed

Cellular one 1996.33 2459.52 0.00 4455.85

District court 250.00 384.38 83.25 717.63

District Court 303.00 532.53 100.90 936.43

Serenity Point 779.75 545.37 0.00 1325.12

Court Cost 0.00 325.67 564.59 890.26

Again-- they have all this under just 1 account instead of individual accounts for each Creditor.

I have pulled my credit report, Cellular One does not even show, which leads me to believe that that account is out of the Statute of Limitations and by law i am not legally required to pay that.

What can i do? What kind of letter should i send and what facts should i state?

Thanks Ahead of time for any assistance.

Did you send any sort of DV to the CA? Curious as to how you worded it...

Thing is, what if you wanted to dispute your Cellular One debts, yet pay your Court stuff? With it all bundled like this, you can't actually do this.

There is a similar thread to this, during the last week or so... some good commentary in it...

Edited by RockDaddy