Down to my last 2

crash5050

I have successfully removed over 40 items from my combined credit reports over the last 3 months. But I am down to two stubborn ones that will not negotiate. Entergy Arkansas, which is the OC and the CA, so they do not fall under the FDCPA, and a litlle mom and pop shop that collects for the local gas company.

Neither one of these will budge, bad for me, I found this site AFTER paying the bills.

I have sent goodwill letters, I have sent DV letters, pay for delete letters, I have emailed the CEO and COO of Entergy with a sob story, still nothing. I don't think I have a case against either one of them, as they have really not violated any laws.

I need some suggestions as to how to convince these folks to remove the debt from my credit reports, I would be in the 750 ranges without thes guys.

I aint scared to take them to court, but I don't really have any standing, they are really nice to me when I call and they say we are so sorry that we cannot remove the listing, we understand you want to buy a house, etc....., but the charge off remains.

I need some creative ways to confuse and bewilder the enemy into submission, there has to be a way to out flank them and take the high ground.

Me

Crash,

Have you considered a 623 letter to the OC's? How old is your debt?

It's a fact that most OC's don't keep records longer than 18 months, so if you dispute with a 623 letter they are compelled to find that information. Thing is - if they can't, they *have* to delete it from the credit bureaus.

I hope that helps you. You seem totally dialed in to this stuff. Don't be surprised at some questions from me some time soon. lol...

-RD

I called Entery's corporate office today in Baton Rouge LA, and talked to a very nice lady there, and I explained my situation to her, about my military move and not having a forwarding address when I moved. She was very sweet and said that she was pulling the charge offs from my reports.

The other one, I have complained to the Public Service Comission here in Arkansas and they are investigating my claims. I have also oe a 632 letter to the OC and it came back verified with all of the bills and statements. So much for that.

Next, is to dispute the debt, even though it is paid, payment does not necessarily admit ownership. If they do not report the debt disputed on my Equifax report, then I wil hang them on a FACTA violation and take them to court. Hopefully, the Summons will change the minds of the folks who look at the bottom line. They aint got a dog in this hunt anymore save the fact that they can report the debt.

So, I am 1 charge off from having perfect credit, I have 2 open credit cards that should report this month, can we say new Home?

David

Next, is to dispute the debt, even though it is paid, payment does not necessarily admit ownership. If they do not report the debt disputed on my Equifax report, then I wil hang them on a FACTA violation and take them to court. Hopefully, the Summons will change the minds of the folks who look at the bottom line. They aint got a dog in this hunt anymore save the fact that they can report the debt.

Exactly. ;)

Dispute with the CB's. Send the OC a 623 and grab em' on a violation.

New Home. My goal as well, but you're ahead of me by a couple months on all this stuff. Hopefully by the end of the year though for me.

Good job man.

Update, Entergy Mysteriously left my credit reports last night, I now have a FAKO of 634, 718 and 653.... One to Go toward Perfect Credit!!

David

Well, Experian still has one lonley charge off left, I am hopeful that I can sweet talk the CA into removing it tomorrow. Estimations from the FAKO calculator says I will go from 634 to 725 on my Experian score. Since Entergy removed the Charge offs from all 3 reports I jumped from 608 to 634, 708, and 718 respectivley. Once the Cap1 and the merrick bank cards show up with paid as agreed on them, I should make the 750 marks on all of them.

I wanted to give a big shout out to all the folks on this board that have given me the knowledge and courage to tackle thes CRA's and CA's head on, and win. My advice to other folks out there that hare having problems, read and adhere to what the knowledgable people on here are telling you. It works and it works quick if you do it right.

Thanks for all those who helped, Gunny, Coltfan1972, legalease, just to name a few.

David

Edited by crash5050
New Title

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem with Entergy in Baton Rouge. I was never notified and unaware of a past due amount until I was contacted by a debt collection agency. I already paid the amount and the information is accurate, I was just never aware I owed. What deptartment inside Entergy did you talk to? I have yet to talk to someone reasonable or helpful.

thanks