corrected errors

Ok, several items on my credit report were being reported incorrectly. I don't mean something silly like a misplaced comma or a month off on a date. I mean like changing dates every month so that it looked like a fresh charge off even though it was over 2 years old. Now, this is where I may have goofed. I disputed to CRA's. Sent verification/validation requests to the OC's (the OC's are reporting, not CAs). They sent info showing 2 years old...report still shows 1 month. Dispute again, sent copies of credit reports to the CRAs showing the monthly changes. Round and round we go for 6 months. Now they are reporting it just as their paperwork states (which I still disagree with) but not the 1 month old stuff anymore. During that time they were doing that, I was denied credit from 2 places and got a REALLY crappy auto loan rate (was in a bad spot, had to get soemthing) so there are real damages from their actions. Can I sue under FCRA, FACTA, or Texas Law for damages done since they "corrected" the problem now? Even though it took them 6 months to do so?

Shameless bump and little more info.

The main OC I am wanting to take action on besides intentionally changing dates every month to cause more harm to my credit worthiness, also for a while claimed I petitioned for bankruptcy in Jan 2009. Yes, that was the OC's statement on my credit report for a little over a month. Now IF I had filed for BK in 2009 I would have included this particuliar debt in with everything else, but I have not ever filed for BK. During my fighting trying to get this deleted, they finally started reporting it the same as the paperwork they sent me instead of all the other crap they were reporting. So if you go off the documents they claim are true, then the CR matches (even though I deny owing anything). But does correction of an intentional violation remove cause for suit? Or can I still bring a suit under Texas statutes and FCRA (FDCPA does not appply since it is the OC reporting).

None within a few hours drive that will even talk to me about it. Been using the naca search thing on and off for months to try and find a lawyer. Most lawyers either want a huge retainer (I don't have the cash to pay) or won't take anything other than open and shut easy to prove straight up harrassment FDPCA cases. They don't even want to touch FCRA ones.