How to remove paid debt collections?

What2do?

Hello everyone,

So, I paid a creditor 'LRLO' several months ago, before I knew of all the Debt Validation. They are still showing as a collection on my credit report, but stating "paid less than the full amount owed'. Now they are suing me for another debt, I've already sent two Certified DV Letters and am in the process of sending a 'Discovery', but my question is... If they cannot validate this debt, can I also still request them to validate the old debt, even though I already settled with them?

Hello everyone,

So, I paid a creditor 'LRLO' several months ago, before I knew of all the Debt Validation. They are still showing as a collection on my credit report, but stating "paid less than the full amount owed'. Now they are suing me for another debt, I've already sent two Certified DV Letters and am in the process of sending a 'Discovery', but my question is... If they cannot validate this debt, can I also still request them to validate the old debt, even though I already settled with them?

No. They are only required to respond to a DV if your request is made within 30 days after their first communication. You've already settled. That time has passed.

Regarding the lawsuits, did you send the DV within the 30 days after their 1st communication?

No. They are only required to respond to a DV if your request is made within 30 days after their first communication. You've already settled. That time has passed.

Regarding the lawsuits, did you send the DV within the 30 days after their 1st communication?

Thank you for your response. No, I didn't send it w/ in the 30 days. I sent it afterwards and the sent me a debt 'Verification' and like 2 months worth of statements just showing the interest charges.

This is where I have a bit of experience, removal of paid collections.

Couple of questions though. Did you pay the 1st debt in full or did you negotiate a settelment?

Either way, first thing I would do is simply just call them, I have learned over the last few months that whilst they are in the business of raking money out of your pockets, they are human too. My approach was like this.

I would call the creditor, and give them my account number, they would say Sir, that account is settled, and I would say yeah, I know but let's talk about it.... and I would, just talk to them about it, eventually my charm and ravishing good looks would overcome the minimum wage agent on the phone and she would happily transfer me to her Manager. Again, lay it on thick, I offered candy, roses etc...Just funnin with them, make them be on your side, My ole momma used to say, more flies with honey than vinegar, and that is true. Now, a couple of them did not fall for my antics, so I had to outflank them. for example, I had a late electric bill that was charged off by the utility, nobody would help me. I went to the Securities and exchange website and looked up the Officers of the company. I then wrote a pitiful oh woe is me I am so sorry email and I addressed it to all of them in every way that an email could possibly be formed. First.last@utility.com first initial.lastname@utility.com, you get the picture. I got a lot of bounced emails, but I got thru to the CEO, and the CFO of this utility, a couple of emails later, the entry was gone off all of my reports. Intent to sue letters don't work, they just laugh at them, they get people threatening to sue them all day long. But if you walk into the office with a small claims court summons in your hand ready to serve them, they take a different approach (I did that one too). Get creative, get mad, get even......

Crash5050