Received letter from JB from debt 20years ago - LVNV

It seems outrages to me they're even trying to collect.

Should I even respond to them with a validation letter? The OC is Citibank.

In the past I've ignored these and I can't remember what's become of them. Recently I settled on a Chase account and a Citibank and that process is so fresh in mind I'm contemplating and wondering if it's to my advantage to respond.

I'm no lawyer and can't afford one, would appreciate your help!

Is it still within the 30 days of their first communication? The only reason I would send a DV would be to see if they might commit an FDCPA violation. If they respond and there's no violation, send a C & D.

Yes - got it a few days go. I'll respond with a DV and then with a C&D.

Can't imagine why they would waste their time. But I guess some people take the bait.

20 year old account?

Can't even imagine the dumbest of the dumb trying to sue you over that or put it on your credit report.

However, you can try to goad them into it. If that is not your thing, just hit them with a C&D and be done with it.

Not quite my thing, but DV & C&D sounds good!

Thanks for your help, this community is great!

Yes - got it a few days go. I'll respond with a DV and then with a C&D.

Can't imagine why they would waste their time. But I guess some people take the bait.

TA,

It's the DV letter *first* - As BV80 said, this 'might' goad them into an FDCPA violation. If you're up for sueing them for the $1000 and making them spend the dough to defend it, then do this.

Personally I *HATE* LVNV and just beat their attorney for a debt for $4500, handed his a$$ to him actually and loved every second of it. So I would try this route first, hoping for a violation.

If you're not up for that kind of fun, as suggested, just send the C&D and be done with it 100%.

The gall on some of these clowns to send a 20 year old zombie debt for collections is beyond me.... but then again, they're just playing the numbers because some people DO actually pay.

Good Luck.