Chase bank charge off

I have an account from 2007 from chase that was charged off.

It is reported as 0 balance, charged off amount of 153 dollars. never been updated since 2007.

I called chase and they told me that there is nothing they can do to help me. It was charged off and they can not even accept a payment because they closed the account and sold it. No other collection agency has ever tried to collect this.

Is there any way I can get this thing removed?

I have an account from 2007 from chase that was charged off.

It is reported as 0 balance, charged off amount of 153 dollars. never been updated since 2007.

I called chase and they told me that there is nothing they can do to help me. It was charged off and they can not even accept a payment because they closed the account and sold it. No other collection agency has ever tried to collect this.

Is there any way I can get this thing removed?

As long as they can verify their entry with the CRAs, there's really no way to get it removed. Just because they sold it, doesn't mean they don't have a record that it existed and was charged off.

However, you may opt to negotiate from the creditor to remove the charge-off after settling the account in full.

Which creditor should he negotate with? The one that no longer owns the account, has no standing to negotiate and told the OP they no longer own the debt or the one that is not known and not listed anywhere on the credit report?

Which do you suggest the OP pay in full to get this removed?

As long as they can verify their entry with the CRAs, there's really no way to get it removed. Just because they sold it, doesn't mean they don't have a record that it existed and was charged off.

BTO,

Pursuant to what BV80 said here, have you disputed with the CRA's and then actually sent Chase a 623 letter? It may be one way to get this off.

If Chase can't verify the info, then it has to come off your CR.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but it might work, just a suggestion...

Thanks for your service to our great country.

-RD