FREE GEORGIA Volunteer Lawyer Debt Collection Clinic!!

debtclinicbanner.png

(Photo from atlantatrial.com )

FREE CONSUMER DEBT COLLECTION LAWSUIT EDUCATION CLINIC

December 4 & 18, 2012

January 29 & 2013

February 12 & 26, 2013

March 12 & 26, 2013

April 9 & 23, 2013

5:30 - 7:00 PM

DeKalb County Public Library (Decatur Branch)

Ground Floor Meeting Rooms

215 Sycamore Street

Decatur, Georgia 30030

404-370-8450

An opportunity to learn about debt collection lawsuits and speak with a volunteer attorney for FREE about the specifics of your debt collection case.

TAKE ADVANTAGE! WHEN DO YOU EVER FIND A LAWYER WILLING TO GIVE ADVICE FOR FREE!?!?

Closest landmarks: Decatur Marta Station and DeKalb County Courthouse (both within walking distance).

Description of the clinic on one of the volunteer attorneys, Daniel DeWoskin's website.

View the Event on Decatur Library Website

Edited by MustangGrrL027
updated date and info

Bet you anything you own the guy won't have a clue. He will drone on and on about the FDCPA, your rights as a consumer, applicable state statutes, (there are none if it is a national bank bringing suit) how to settle, how to make a deal, how to write a cease and desist letter, and how to respond to a law suit. Bet he won't mention the fact that lawyers won't take credit card cases, and he definitely won't have any idea as to how to defend against one. Ask him that and he'll tell you to seek legal advice. I'd pay to see Coltfan question this guy.

Actually, I know who the attorneys are that are putting it on - they fight debt debt collection lawsuits all the time and are quite reputable.

The idea is to get people informed and involved. Default judgments are all too common and if it's because people dont know what to do about a lawsuit or think they can' do anything this is an excellent way to decrease defaults.

I know it's hard to believe good lawyers are donating their time to educate people about these lawsuits but this is the real deal.

I've been there - I know that as a debt collection lawsuit defendant you're faced with lawyers that are too expensive and have too little time to help you. Being pro se was really difficult but I wish they had been putting this clinic on when I was dealing with it. I would have learned alot. More lawyers should be doing this.

Most of the lawyers I have talked to in trying to negotiate and settle a wrongful judgement for me. Pretty much have said file bankruptcy. They don't deal with cc cases. And the ones who do told me its cheaper to pay the debt then to fight it. Sigh I'm in ga ill try to go.

Webcast! Great Idea!

That would be nice and allow some people who have disabilities to have a good voice.

Just an idea if you are going to give a free lecture might as well give it to a couple of million. exposure like that can do wonders. And a nice little plug for their firm wouldn't be bad for anyone :)

Actually, I know who the attorneys are that are putting it on - they fight debt debt collection lawsuits all the time and are quite reputable.

The idea is to get people informed and involved. Default judgments are all too common and if it's because people dont know what to do about a lawsuit or think they can' do anything this is an excellent way to decrease defaults.

I know it's hard to believe good lawyers are donating their time to educate people about these lawsuits but this is the real deal.

I've been there - I know that as a debt collection lawsuit defendant you're faced with lawyers that are too expensive and have too little time to help you. Being pro se was really difficult but I wish they had been putting this clinic on when I was dealing with it. I would have learned alot. More lawyers should be doing this.

It's not so hard to believe. The practice of law can be as noble as it can be despicable. I can even name an attorney here who not only understands debt collection cases, but also takes some of them on contingency defending people who don't qualify for things like legal aid.

While I'm in a different state, I'm thrilled to see this occuring...thanks, MotownGirl for getting the word out!

Consumer attorneys who KNOW this issue in my area, are absolutely swamped w/work.

I'm so happy to see that there are some lawyers who are making the effort to educate the public about this area. Very cool!

:mrgreen:

Thank you, Tigger. Politely nudges you to notice "MustangGrrL" rather than "MotownGrrl" but nonetheless, glad to see people read my posts.

I shot an email over to the organization putting this thing on an asked if they considered taping it, half expecting them to say no. But, apparently, one of the lawyers is interested in doing that so perhaps we might be able to get a video and share it!

Please help get the word out on this to Georgians!

• 6 months later...

debtclinicbanner.png

(Photo from atlantatrial.com )

FREE CONSUMER DEBT COLLECTION LAWSUIT EDUCATION CLINIC

TUESDAY OCTOBER 23, 2012

5:30 - 7:00 PM

DeKalb County Public Library (Decatur Branch)

Ground Floor Meeting Rooms

215 Sycamore Street

Decatur, Georgia 30030

404-370-8450

An opportunity to learn about debt collection lawsuits and speak with a volunteer attorney for FREE about the specifics of your debt collection case.

TAKE ADVANTAGE! WHEN DO YOU EVER FIND A LAWYER WILLING TO GIVE ADVICE FOR FREE!?!?

Closest landmarks: Decatur Marta Station and DeKalb County Courthouse (both within walking distance).

Description of the clinic on one of the volunteer attorneys, Daniel DeWoskin's website.

View the Event on Decatur Library Website