1st round of letters to CRAs now what?

draexo

Ok,

I have been reading and trying to learn and just sent out my first batch of dispute letters to the CRAs. I picked 3 TLs and mailed out 1 to each CRA.

My question is, how many TLs can I dispute per letter? How long between letters should I wait to challenge different items? For example, let us say I have 9 negatives on my CR. My plan was to mail out 3 dispute letters disputing 3 items per letter about 3 weeks apart.

Does this make sense or is there a better way?

Thanks

Ok,

I have been reading and trying to learn and just sent out my first batch of dispute letters to the CRAs. I picked 3 TLs and mailed out 1 to each CRA.

My question is, how many TLs can I dispute per letter? How long between letters should I wait to challenge different items? For example, let us say I have 9 negatives on my CR. My plan was to mail out 3 dispute letters disputing 3 items per letter about 3 weeks apart.

Does this make sense or is there a better way?

Thanks

the amount of TLs is fine but the dispute takes 30-45 days depending on whether it was an annual report or not.

the amount of TLs is fine but the dispute takes 30-45 days depending on whether it was an annual report or not.

So I should wait for these disputes to resolve before progressing to the next disputes?

And I should limit myself to three per letter?

You can do it online. Although I'm not sure the outcome as I am just beginning the disputing process. But if you look at your credit report. I was amazed my student loans were listed 3 times for each loan. So 9 times for a total of 27. 18 were when I defaulted sallie mae reported and then another now thye are in good standing. Look thru your cr and see if some are repeats of the same debt. I'm not sure how to delete stuff like that but wow! To see the same debt all over the place

You can do it online. Although I'm not sure the outcome as I am just beginning the disputing process. But if you look at your credit report. I was amazed my student loans were listed 3 times for each loan. So 9 times for a total of 27. 18 were when I defaulted sallie mae reported and then another now thye are in good standing. Look thru your cr and see if some are repeats of the same debt. I'm not sure how to delete stuff like that but wow! To see the same debt all over the place

The online guides say to NOT dispute them online. They say to dispute them with a CMRR letter to the CRA.

The online guides say to NOT dispute them online. They say to dispute them with a CMRR letter to the CRA.

Like 1st Step said, you only really have to dispute them via CMRRR if you think there will be a chance you'll have to sue them later on and need a paper trail.

I'd do them via mail personally, but then, I am a litigiously minded soul. :)

Letters by CMRRR is the only way to go when dealing in legal matters. Anytime something has the chance to land in court, and of course there is a real chance for something like this, you want to establish your paper trail.

The biggest pain and obstacle is time. There is simply nothing you can do about the time frame it takes for these disputes to work through the system. It seems like every time you send something you have to wait 30 days.

• 2 weeks later...
I can not believe it. I am waiting for the rest of the letters to come in.

I am hoping each agency takes off these 3 TLs.

Good job! That must be a great feeling.

I'm sorry to hijack your post, but how are you able to post in the credit repair forum? For the past two days, every time I try to visit the forum, it won't let me. I can visit the other forums -- debt validation, is there a lawyer in the house, etc., but when I click the credit repair link, it just takes me back to the main forum listing.

The only way I was able to read this post is because it was the most recent -- so it was listed on the main page and I was able to click the link.

Good job! That must be a great feeling.

I'm sorry to hijack your post, but how are you able to post in the credit repair forum? For the past two days, every time I try to visit the forum, it won't let me. I can visit the other forums -- debt validation, is there a lawyer in the house, etc., but when I click the credit repair link, it just takes me back to the main forum listing.The only way I was able to read this post is because it was the most recent -- so it was listed on the main page and I was able to click the link.

Same exact thing happening to me.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

-RD

Same exact thing happening to me.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

-RD

Sorry it's happening to you, but glad to know it's not just me! When I click the link, it loads the main forum listing with a # in the URL. That seems to be part of the issue. I can load individual links (I saved the direct URL of one of my posts the other day), but I can't look for new posts or read old ones.

Also, even when I can get to the repair forum, I can only see the first page. Clicking on any of the other page numbers takes me back to the main forum list.

Help me out what did you type? in your CMMRR and also how long was the debt??

Debt was a few years old. Two of the items were actually paid in full, but they removed them anyways. They were showing as negative items on her report due to being charged off. The third item was interesting. I sent a VOD letter to a CA who then sold the debt to this other CA. They pulled that one as well.

I started with the form letter on this board and customized it to my situation a bit and also to make it not appear too much like a form letter. I toned it down a little and changed the wording so that it sounded more personal. The end result was the same. I did not mention anything about suing the CRA as that just seemed over the top to me.

I can not wait to see if the other CRAs also remove the items. I was told to expect a 20 to 30% success rate, but 3 out of 3 is good for me!

Received a letter from Experian today saying they are investigating my dispute and they anticipate a response by May 2, 2012. They received the dispute request on March 19. I thought they had only 30 days? Should I harass them about it or let it go?

Received a letter from Experian today saying they are investigating my dispute and they anticipate a response by May 2, 2012. They received the dispute request on March 19. I thought they had only 30 days? Should I harass them about it or let it go?

I believe that CB's have 45 days if you dispute online. I imagine they've sent you a letter based on that. It sort of adds up datewise.

Obviously, they are mistaken, because you disputed by mail, right?

• 4 weeks later...
I believe that CB's have 45 days if you dispute online. I imagine they've sent you a letter based on that. It sort of adds up datewise.

Obviously, they are mistaken, because you disputed by mail, right?

Yes.

I disputed by mail.

Do I now demand they remove the items because they are over the 30 days?

Can I even do that???

Hopefully you sent everything Certified...in that case, confirm the date they received your disputes...

If it has been more than 30 days, send them another letter - with copies of the dispute letters and CMRRR delivery notification and demand removal.

///

Keep in mind they may tell you that your dispute is frivolous...in that case, sue.

If they fail to remove and they don't deem your dispute frivolous, then you can now file suit for an FCRA violation.

Yes.

I disputed by mail.

Do I now demand they remove the items because they are over the 30 days?

Can I even do that???

it has nothing to do with how you dispute. it is 45 days if you are disputing tradelines from a free annual report. 30 days if you got your report another way. it is federal law

it has nothing to do with how you dispute. it is 45 days if you are disputing tradelines from a free annual report. 30 days if you got your report another way. it is federal law

I paid for a three-bureau report and challenged them that way. Will send out a letter ASAP as the letter was mailed March 12th, received March 19th, and the letter they mailed to me says no resolution is expected until May 5th.