Starting the process with questions

Tuxman11

Hello all,

I am new to the credit repair thing, Maybe someone could help me. I just pulled my credit report and quite frankly its a mess. However all of my debt I am responsible for. I now have the money to pay back everything, but its all in collection, ect. I have read on the forums here that these CA's purchase the debt for quite a bit less. I am sending out tomorrow a letter to delete the trade lines all together with 4 of my CA's I have offered to settle for 40% of the original debt. My question is How do I get the OC trade lines removed after I pay the CA's? Any info would be great and thanks again.

Tuxman

Hello all,

I am new to the credit repair thing, Maybe someone could help me. I just pulled my credit report and quite frankly its a mess. However all of my debt I am responsible for. I now have the money to pay back everything, but its all in collection, ect. I have read on the forums here that these CA's purchase the debt for quite a bit less. I am sending out tomorrow a letter to delete the trade lines all together with 4 of my CA's I have offered to settle for 40% of the original debt. My question is How do I get the OC trade lines removed after I pay the CA's? Any info would be great and thanks again.

Tuxman

Sending out pay for delete letters is NOT the first step.

first delete old addresses on your credit report.

Wait for answer

Dispute negative accounts

wait for answer

I had $1500 in collections disappear after dispute never to return.

come back here and describe the accounts. Depending on timing or state, you can send a 623 letter or maybe a DV, and get an idea whether they have actually records of your debt. PFD works best if the CA makes the first settlement offer (IMHO).

Sending out pay for delete letters is NOT the first step.

first delete old addresses on your credit report.

Wait for answer

Dispute negative accounts

wait for answer

I had $1500 in collections disappear after dispute never to return.

come back here and describe the accounts. Depending on timing or state, you can send a 623 letter or maybe a DV, and get an idea whether they have actually records of your debt. PFD works best if the CA makes the first settlement offer (IMHO).

. How do you get addresses deleted? If u lived there? Also they have so many different ways to put your name doesn't that look negative as well