Getting Equifax credit report PROBLEMS

So I tried to pull my free credit report. The other 2 gave it to me Equifax did not. I even tried to pay for it. They told me I need to send enlarged copies of my id' and soc card. fax it to them and I can see my credit report in 72 hours. I am wondering why? I know I have stuff on there. But why all the headache to get the stupid report. Anyone know

So I tried to pull my free credit report. The other 2 gave it to me Equifax did not. I even tried to pay for it. They told me I need to send enlarged copies of my id' and soc card. fax it to them and I can see my credit report in 72 hours. I am wondering why? I know I have stuff on there. But why all the headache to get the stupid report. Anyone know

Equifax has always been a pain. But maybe it's just a security measure if you've recently requested your reports from Experian and Transunion. They all share a centralized database.

Odd Experian never gave me any problem. It's always TU that I have trouble pulling reports from. I love those "security" questions they ask. A bunch of made up tradelines that are no where near anything I have ever had on my reports but when I say none of these they tell me it's wrong and I can't get my CR. Even printed out screenshots of the stupid questions and sent it in with a copy of my CR to show them how messed up their system is.

To top it off now, I cannot view online nor have they provided me with an updated credit report after disputes. Just the letter with the changes.

How odd I know I have a different name now. I told him that told him things which would have been under the old name stuff under the new name. And he said no we can't verify I'm not able to tell you what your missing. I almost lost it and went balistic on him saying how the heck do I know what the heck you want. If you can't tell me DUHHHHH! I meanreally. I faxed the stuff I'm going to loose it if I don't get to see it by Friday at noon that would be 72 hrs

The big three CRAs don't keep good records. Send them what they're asking for and they'll just ask for it again if you have any further dealings with them. They don't update their databases when they receive notification that something is wrong with their current information unless you sound menacing in an FCRA sort of way.

A former coworker's wife used to work for a CRA. She told me that there was a huge infasis on making sure that all negative tradelines were reported. She said that there was zero about making sure the reporting was accurate. In their eyes, you and I are not human beings attached to those accounts and TLs.