Yet another DV question

Just need some direction-I posted in the collections forum about a call I received from a CA concerning Tmobile. The debt was paid to the OC and calls cease from first CA. A few days later, I receive a Dunning letter from a different CA concerning the same (now paid) debt. Do I need to DV this second CA? I only have a few days left to act before the 30 days are up. And thanks as always!:)

DV every dunning letter.

While they are in their response time be looking for your proof you paid it. If they say you do indeed owe, well then you have your proof and can really have some fun with them. See just how mad you can make them, and what all they threaten to do to you.

Then turn the tables on them and file suit for any violations.

Or just send them proof of the paid account and tell them to pound sand.

Up to you.

It's a common game of pass the debt around when you start DV. So yes, DV every new agency. Don't worry though, you'll run into one that will want to "teach you a lesson." That is when the fun starts. I had an account go through several "buyers." It finally got to one that was going to dig their heels in and could care less about what I had to say. Just made it that more fun whipping the dog out of them.

Just keep all your signed receipts for the letters. You never know, when out of the blue, one is going to just call or write that you have previously put on notice with a timely DV letter.

Paid by telephone and have confirmation numbers as well as the debit from my bank account. I just requested a paper copy of my bill that will show it. This one is actually making me kinda hope they do something stupid now!

xdancex

Edited by Hopeful1

Who was the payment to though? TMobile or a CA?

If it was a CA, hunt them down and see if you can get paperwork saying which account was paid. If not, it's hard to prove that was the account you paid off.

I made the mistake (well was forced to) pay a CA off by CC over the phone years ago. They were supposed to send me a receipt saying it was paid. Guess what, they never did and sold the debt even though it was paid in full.

Every 2-3 years a new CA would pop up looking for the money. I would tell them most in my most sincere and sweet way to go %^&* themselves. This went on for at least 10 years before I found out about FDPCA and all. Too bad they haven't come for me since I started getting educated.

I paid Tmobile. The CA that called me initially did so before I was ever sent anything and the payment was only 3 days past due. Then I got the letter from the second CA. I called Tmobile earlier today and requested the final bill and they also informed me that I had a zero balance (which should also be reflected on paper copy). I think I'm done with this one unless a CA contacts me-any input?