Student Loan SalieMea

piotrek04

1. Can anyone tell me how to settle student loan salieme about 30k?

2. Do I have to wait until goes to default before case is given to attorney?

3. Salie Mea will not take any settlement over, I have tried called them up many times.

4. I need some advice. Thanks, P.

I hope someone can chime in. But from what I know you can't even file bankruptcy on student loans. Because you got the education you work etc you have to pay it back. Or at least that's what I've been told. The only way is if your permanately disabled and even then idk how it works

Student loans cannot be discharged in BK (very easily).

From what I have read, Sallie Mae does not settle student loans as a normal course of business.

If you are 6 months or more behind, technically you have defaulted - and Sallie generally does not send out to an attorney - they have the power to grab tax refunds, garnish wages and levy bank accounts without the benefit of a judgment.

Sallie and Freddie are bad asses, they are akin to the IRS, they can do pretty much what they want if you default. There area many "rehab Programs" avaliable out there. As a general rule, they would rather you pay them a bit every month than take your stuff.