babygirl87

New to this and need help.

I have pulled my credit report and have a folder with the colletion agency notices but after that I am not sure where to go start or begin. I need help or advice on whre to begin.

It all depends on what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to settle up on old debts before collections go further? Contact and ask for pay for deletes. Get everything in writing though.

Are you disputing the information? Then you have 2 options. Send disputes to the CAs and see if the respond, update you CR etc. Or Dispute with the CA and CBs at the same time.

Many old collection account will drop as soon as you dispute, but that doesn't mean they are gone. Another JDB may purchase and begin collections. If that's the case and you get a dunning letter start with DVing them.

Thanks for bearing wih me it's some that I am going to dispute and some that I will probably try to pay for the delete I was just wondering how to go about doing it.

Write them a letter. Always get it in writing.

Do not admit to anything, Say something like... you just want to resolve this matter, and although you dispute it you are willing to come to a mutually agreable arangement. In return for a payment of $XXX you want a Paid in Full letter permantly releasing you from any obligations pertaining to or arrising from this account and that they will delete the item from all credit reporting agencies. If they agree to those terms, you will pay the account as stated above. Or I am sure there are many other examples flying around. This is more or less what I wrote in mine.

One student loan but that's a charge off.

Ther rest is collection agencies three for book companies one for a cd company and the rest is medical bills.

I would worry first about the student loan to my understanding those never go unpaid. Maybe its in transition to another collector. But owing for a defaulted student loan I've heard is worse then filing bankruptcy. I went thru mine yesterday and I had rehabbed my student loan and the rehab agency. Is still showing I'm deliquent I'm about to call them up and get this situated my loan has been out of rehab for 2 years and its paid never late

yes, student loans have to be worked out. They will come after your tax return. I was able to rehab mine and it is a positive account now. I don't think you can pfd a student loan though.

The student loan is the first one I went after I actually sent them a later today and am waiting for a response will let yall know how that goes.

yes, student loans have to be worked out. They will come after your tax return. I was able to rehab mine and it is a positive account now. I don't think you can pfd a student loan though.

My student loan I had 3 they are on my cr 3 times each making it look like 9 accounts. I know when you successfully rehab your loan they are supposed to remove any negative info. Well I'm disputing 6 of em. Because they never reported they were in good standing. So look at your cr. I have some other stuff which. The same account is listed 4 times by different companies different amounts but is the same account