Tons of questions please help Trying to fix things on cr.

NeverServed

Ok so I have a ton of questions. I have finally been able to pull my credit report.

I am looking there are tons of entries for the same account which is most definately past sol. The new purchaser is reporting it as a new account as of a certain date. I most definately didnt open an account. How can they even put a new date. When I look thru the original owner is at or past sol. So what should I do. So should I proceed to dispute the account. It should fall off next year its supposed to come off in 7 years. alot of the new purchasers are JDB's so what should I do thanks

Ok so I have a ton of questions. I have finally been able to pull my credit report.

I am looking there are tons of entries for the same account which is most definately past sol. The new purchaser is reporting it as a new account as of a certain date. I most definately didnt open an account. How can they even put a new date. When I look thru the original owner is at or past sol. So what should I do. So should I proceed to dispute the account. It should fall off next year its supposed to come off in 7 years. alot of the new purchasers are JDB's so what should I do thanks

If you're referring to the "date opened", that's merely the date the JDB purchased the account. That's the date they opened it in their files. It doesn't affect the date of first delinquency or the date the entry will fall your CR. Any CA or JDB entry related to an account falls off at the same time as the OC's entry.

If you're referring to the "date opened", that's merely the date the JDB purchased the account. That's the date they opened it in their files. It doesn't affect the date of first delinquency or the date the entry will fall your CR. Any CA or JDB entry related to an account falls off at the same time as the OC's entry.

Ok so at 7 years from last payment its supposed to come off? Should I send the numerous. Jdbs. Letters saying its past sol? Or just sit and wait for them to contact me. Mcm sent me a letter for over 4,000. Saying they will settle for 3 and change but the oc showed that account. Last payment was 1/06. Should I send a dv to them or a letter saying its past sol.

If the JDBs aren't bothering you, I wouldn't send any letters. If all the debts are past the SOL for collections, you can dispute the entries on your CR if you choose. But if they're reporting accurately, the entries will remain.

Ok so at 7 years from last payment its supposed to come off?

Yes...7 to 7.5 years from the dates the OCs are reporting as the dates of first delinquency. That means the date of last payment, and you never paid again.

I gave you a suggestion about Midland in your other post.

If the JDBs aren't bothering you, I wouldn't send any letters. If all the debts are past the SOL for collections, you can dispute the entries on your CR if you choose. But if they're reporting accurately, the entries will remain.

Yes...7 to 7.5 years from the dates the OCs are reporting as the dates of first delinquency. That means the date of last payment, and you never paid again.

I gave you a suggestion about Midland in your other post.

Bv I will look. Thankyou to both you and rambler!

let's all keep in mind, SOL is not the same as reporting period (7 and a half years)...check the Primer link in my sig...

Here are some more pieces of info for everyone to remember and consider:
SOL / Reporting Period

Many people get SOL confused with reporting period. SOL is the amount of time a CA or OC has to (successfully) SUE YOU over a debt. It is what's known as an "affirmative defense" to a lawsuit. That means that you still CAN be sued after the SOL has run. It's not an automatic "you've filed too late" by the judge. the Plaintiff does not have to prove they've sued timely, YOU have to raise SOL as a defense, and prove that they have sued after the SOL has passed.

SOL Has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how long a debt is listed on your credit report. SOL is governed by the laws of YOUR STATE, and differs from state to state. Do not rely on this site to give you an accurate depiction of your state’s SOL. Go to the source: Your state statutes

The 7 years that everyone refers to here is the "reporting period", defined in the FCRA. That means that negative items can not stay on a report longer than 7 years from the date it was charged off, or 7.5 yrs from the DOFD (Date of First Delinquency).