Strange CA Call

BV80

A message from a CA was left on my voice mail today for a debt that outside the SOL. I know what it's for because it's the only thing I have left that was in default. The message went something like this:

Live Person: "This call is for..."

Automated Voice: "BV80".

Live Person: "If you are not..."

Automated Voice: "BV80"

Live Person: "Please hang up. By staying on the line you are acknowledging that you are..."

You get the idea. Then the live person gave the name of the company and said that I needed to call their office. She then gave the "this is an attempt to collect a debt".

I've never received anything like that before. Is that a autodialed call?

I'm sure many people have gotten calls like this, as have I. It's all part of the latest technology.

It's probably autodialed, and that's not a live person. It's a recording, and is used on all the calls that are going out. Your name "BV80" is not recorded, but being computer generated from their debtor list and is inserted into the spiel. The more unusual your name, the more it will get butchered by the computer; it kind of sounds like the old Mac Moose program on the old Macintosh.

Regards,

DH

A message from a CA was left on my voice mail today for a debt that outside the SOL. I know what it's for because it's the only thing I have left that was in default. The message went something like this:

Live Person: "This call is for..."

Automated Voice: "BV80".

Live Person: "If you are not..."

Live Person: "Please hang up. By staying on the line you are acknowledging that you are..."

You get the idea. Then the live person gave the name of the company and said that I needed to call their office. She then gave the "this is an attempt to collect a debt".

I've never received anything like that before. Is that a autodialed call?

And your callback will be something like:

Live Person(you): "This call is for"

Automated Voice: "Any jackass who answers your phones"

Live person: "If you are not a jackass"

Automated voice: "then you obviously don't work for this JDB and shouldn't be answering their phones"

Live Person: "Pound Sand"

Thanks, guys! :) I appreciate the feedback.

The reason I'm wondering if this could be an autodialed call is because I never gave the OC my cell phone number. No express permission implied or otherwise. :twisted:

BTW, it's not a JDB. The OC hasn't sold the account. The call was from a CA.