Help with Leasecomm Judgment

My husband has a judgment against him from Leasecomm for $3,883.28 from 5/21/02. The judgment was recorded under a DBA and we only recently became aware of it. My husband was never served. We had a business during that time, and the lease was for a virtual terminal to process credit cards via the Internet. In my research on Leasecomm, I discovered that there was a class action suit filed in 2003 by the FTC against Leasecomm. Most, if not all, judgments aquired by Leasecomm were vacated. I learned that FTC suits are nationwide, and we may meet the criteria to have the judgment removed. The links are as follows: Federal Trade Commission (FTC Leasecomm links)

Leasecomm Corporation: Settlement Questions and Answers for Financing of a Business Opportunity or Virtual Terminal (information on criteria).

Link for the final judgment against Leasecomm: http://www.ftc.gov/ro/leasecomm/030529leasecommstipfnlord.pdf

I realize that this judgment is set to expire (unless renewed) in two months,

however we are selling our home and are supposed to close on the sale by 3/30/12. This judgment is one that will certainly affect our ability to sell, so it must be remedied. I have already been told by the closing attorney that it will come up. The firm that filed the judgment has made no effort to contact us to collect, my guess is that they are already aware of the class action suit. Can someone please examine these documents to determine if we are included in the class action? I greatly appreciate any advice!

My husband and I are willing to settle this judgment, but if it was included in the class action, we won't offer a penny. I can't find an attorney to look at this, and the attorney who handled our other judgment settlement offer is a dunce. Can someone please chime in with a little advice, or refer a great attorney in Louisiana? I would be most appreciative!

REDRESS Paragraph A seems to put you in the clear. Read that, there is a list of things they were supposed to do, such as filing a satisfaction of judgment with the court and provide you a copy. I would find a consumer attorney who knows his stuff, you may have a good claim against them for messing up your credit for ten years.