Still laughing over NCO's comedy letter I recieved today

CarolinaBlueEyes

17 years ago we contracted with our cable company. They over charged us for an installation of 127.00 when we installed services while building our home... which was an error. They then corrected it and we have had an account with them ever since.. no big deal.

TODAY I get a collection letter from NCO asking for this money, (cable has NO record of it since it was credited back) I am LAUGHING so hard.. they must really need accounts.. I got out a big HOT PINK LIPSTICK and I wrote the letters C&D DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN on it and mailing it back.. what a bunch of idiots.. my favorite part is how they are threatening my credit report... A few years ago they hit us with a bill that wasn't even ours.. we reported them to the AG and THEIR legal department sent an APOLOGY.. in case you don't know they have the distinction of being the HIGHEST fined CA in the country when the PA AG put the smack down on them a few years back.. they must really need revenue.. morons :)8-)

you know I think I need to put a bunch of confetti and glitter in that envelope too.. just to give it a nice messy party atmosphere when they open it..:BigDance:

Edited by CarolinaBlueEyes

Ok, this is going to seem like a dumb question, but given it was 17 yrs ago AND it was an error that was corrected by the cable co - how did NCO even know about it?

I'm not doubting you at all Carolina...I'm thinking that the cable co is trying to keep their cake and eat it too. Did they all of a sudden go back and make a collections account out of all of their credits and pass them off a debt to debt buyers? That's really my question.

Seems Chase was recently caught with their hands in the cookie jar by making up debt that did not exist and increasing the amounts to debt that did exist (more than just interest and fees). How prevalent are these fictitious debt porfolios?

Ok, this is going to seem like a dumb question, but given it was 17 yrs ago AND it was an error that was corrected by the cable co - how did NCO even know about it?

I'm not doubting you at all Carolina...I'm thinking that the cable co is trying to keep their cake and eat it too. Did they all of a sudden go back and make a collections account out of all of their credits and pass them off a debt to debt buyers? That's really my question.

Seems Chase was recently caught with their hands in the cookie jar by making up debt that did not exist and increasing the amounts to debt that did exist (more than just interest and fees). How prevalent are these fictitious debt porfolios?

Not a dumb question at all D.

An excellent point of information actually. Makes me wonder too.

-RD