Sign in to follow this  
babygirl87

Who do I dispute with?

So I am looking at my credit report and there are two things on it that is past the seven years plus 180 days on my credit report. I thought after seven years things are suppose to fall off. Do i dispute this with the Credit Bereau or with credit contol coorp they are the ones reporting it.

So I am looking at my credit report and there are two things on it that is past the seven years plus 180 days on my credit report. I thought after seven years things are suppose to fall off. Do i dispute this with the Credit Bereau or with credit contol coorp they are the ones reporting it.

They can sometimes remain for 7.5 years. If it's been longer than that, I'd dispute with the CRAs (credit reporting agencies).

You can always dispute anything but wether they take it off or not is up to them. But. If its been past the time I would. Definately dispute

Equifax has online dispute although they don't have a box for this is past the time allowed for this to be reported. They have different options there is one for I am not liable for this account. I think that one should work and then in the comments write its past the time frame and needs to be removed

I believe there is alos an "other" option. Then in the comment box make a note of it being past the legal reporting period.

For some things I think it's alright. Just keep tabs on it and make sure they take care of it.

If you think there may be an issue with it where you need paper trails for possible lawsuits, then yes CMRRR everytime. Reporting period is pretty basic, so I wouldn't worry too much. Now IF it comes back verified and remains or if it gets re-aged then heck yeah CMRRR everybody on that sucker.