Is a summons served after 18 months valid?

jsvede

Just received an income execution. Somehow, a default judgement was entered against me without ever being served or notified I was being sued. The guy who sued me and the lawyer are both shady characters. The copy of the proof of service, says that the summons was served 18 months after the case was filed. Something doesn't seem right. Can I file a motion to vacate or should I look to get it thrown out?

What is the debt for? Did you change addresses? I would call the court and get a copy of proof of service ot the person who sued you. Also look up discovery rules for your state. Sometimes if you weren't served or known about it then you can do a motion to vacate fornot being properly served. I had the same thing happen to me but we are talking 4 years later I find out when they tried to bring the judgement but they got a judgement when I did not even live in the state. So my case is a little different. But I would try it for sure. Look up the discovery rule.