? about first deliquency

Ok yet another question. I am looking at my cr right now and it says. Date of last payment . Then it says date of first deliquency. Then it says date of major deliquency. So when sol comes into play let's say date of first deliquency 3/06. But. Major was let's say. A few months later. So. I'm at 3/12. Does it mean since its march they can't sue me or do they got till march 31 to put in a claim. Sorry I'm just trying to figure this out the sol would be 6 yrs this month thanks

Edited by NeverServed

Generally speaking (which is normally not wise to do when speaking of law) that would be just the month. So, it should be beyond the SOL now (I think lol) That doesn't mean they can't sue, it just means you can use that as a defense and win just on that basis.

Now, that being said, different states can be different. I believe NC for example is something along the lines of it starts when they should have noticed a problem.

Yeah I'm in ga but before MI. I was crapping bricks here while I was looking. I was like oh crap! Maybe the month has to finish on some. Before it runs out of sol! Oh my I was about to have a heart attack! Thanks rambler. So I think I should be ok since March has hit. So now let's say someone does try to sue me. And they. File and I have to file an answer what would I put it has past statue of limitations or what? Oh and u know what crap 1 when I looked it shows last payment in march. So date of deliquency was april I think it somehow changed I'm going to look at credit report from a few days before to make sure

I have had it happen to me where they change those dates. PITA to deal with.

Yes, if they file suit, you would answer with an affirmative defense and show it is outside the SOL. If the DOFD was March, and they file in March you can answer with that, but depending on state law and precedents it may be harder to accomplish. April on though it will get easier to show. Got one on my CR I am watching constantly for. Time is running short on them and I am worried they make take legal action.

That really sucks. 95% will fall of in april for sure since the first deliquency was march. Just this judgement left that I filed a motion to dismiss with prejudice. I'm hoping it is dismissed I really am. I tried to settle with these fruit loops. It really burns me that they go after the small fried whose debt was so small. And try to bleed us dry when we try to settle. After june every negative will be off except 2 which are small fries. On those do I contact original creditor to try to pay or the agency they have listed? That way everything is square on there just wait for it to drop off the cr

Never written one, search the forums and the legal questions section. I am sure there are some.

On contacting the people to pay it off/settle/whatever I would contact the OCs first. See if they still have it or if it was actually sold. If sold, you pretty much have to deal with the CAs. Either way try and work a pay for delete.