Do JDBs and their Attorneys read this board?

Of course they do. I see my case law popping up in their objections all the time now. So what? Let them read here. Some of us even send them a link and our username when we get sued, just so they'll know what they're up against. Kind of like seeing the train bearing down on you while you are handcuffed to the track. Ask any question you want.

I know some of them do, because I've sent them the links before when I was suing them. I made sure they knew my posting handle, called them out by name so there was no confusion, and told them I wanted them to know exactly what was coming so they would not be surprised (not on everything of course) because it made it that much better that they knew my game plan and still could not do a damn thing about it.

I have a friend that had all his posts printed (from another board) and put into a three ring binder. He was presented with those at a pre-trial hearing. His response was that it appeared they had everything but thought they might have missed a few posts and he would send them what they missed. In other words, turned their strategy right around on them and left them saying, "well that did not work."

The other side will try to somehow convince you that if you sue them or are getting sued by them, you in some way lose all rights, including your 1st amendment free speech right. Now don't go advocating illegal acts or talk about a frivilous motions or claim you're going to make. Use common sense or completely hide your ID.

But I clearly stated I was going to drive their bills through the ceiling. I told them to their face the same thing. I was/did going to do it with legit (maybe not necessary, but legit) pleadings. It was the stop me if you can, I'm betting you can't approach. Their strategy greatly (90%) on fear and intimidation. You not only show them that won't work but turn the tables on them, and they are left shocked.

If you want to ask questions and not let them know who you are. Just change the facts and figures, use fake names, collection agency ABC. They watch, I've been to their boards and read their comments. They will make references to us enforcing our rights. The funny thing is they will freely admit they violated the FDCPA. I mean that, they will flat out say, I did this or that (call it a technical violation even though there is no such thing) and now we are getting an intent to sue extortion letter. Yes, they call it extortion after they violated the FDCPA and a "credit terrorist" takes them to task on it.

So don't over think it, you can change things up. However, the only problem with that is there is not a catch all answer usually. A lot of times the amount in question and who you are facing actually will determine the best strategy.

Also I'm not advocating you taunt or goad the other side. We discuss a ton more than the FDCPA on here, but FDCPA is by far a popular target. Here is what the court has said about consumers facing collections and possibly turning the tables on the creditors.

No section of the FDCPA requires an inquiry into the worthiness of the debtor or purports to protect only deserving debtors. The FDCPA protects all consumers from the gullible to the shrewd.

Bass vs Stolper, Koritzinsky, Brewster, and Neider, S.C. 111 f3d. 1322, 1330, 7th Circuit, 1997.

Good luck, but don't let a creditor lurking stop you from asking questions. Just use common sense, something I lack sometimes I admit. I just don't care is the only problem.

Thank you Coltfan1972! The thing that got me wondering is one of the rogs they sent me asked if I had anyone helping. I answered Defendant but this board has helped me out immensely but technically don't consider this board "legal" help in the law I understand it. Here is the rogs in question:

3. Identify each and every person who answered, or who aids in answering, these Requests for Admissions and Interrogatories, or who was consulted or supplied information upon which answers to these Requests for Admissions and Interrogatories are based. Defendant

Thank you.

Edited by Simpleaim

I'm pretty new at this so don't take what I have to say as gospel, but, having to list this site or the people on it as a source of help would be like asking the same question of the plaintiff's attorney and requiring them to list every law text book they read along with it's author... doesn't make sense to me!

rt

The answer to that one is easy. Nobody but me. Can you identify anybody on this board? No. Even if you could, we did not "aid" you in answering. We gave you our opinions and we gave you information. You do with it as you wish. I pray for the day some smartass JDB lawyer wants to make an issue out of this board.

I don't think you even need to respond that, you could go to your local sport bar and seek for legal advice from a drunk man, and is completly legal. He got the freedom of speech granted in the constitution, so he can give you advice (might be good bad or whatever but is still an advice). What is illegal is for someone else to represent you in court. Any law that abridges the freedom of speech is unconstitutional, so anyone can give you legal, medical or whatever advice you seek, even if they are not a lawyer, medic or whatever.

That is a standard question. I answered it this way.

Nobody in any official capacity or acting as an attorney. Plaintiff has contacted two attorney's that are possibly interested in a class action suit against the Defendant, as the Defendant's actions are clearly not a one time occurance, but an obvious pattern of complete disregard of the law.

However, they have given no advice and have not been consulted in any way to assist with answering these discovery requests or drafting discovery requests.

Plaintiff has only provided them with the case number so they can follow the case online, but has had no meaningful conversation with either attorney that would consitute advise or assistance.

Plaintiff expects to have such meaningful conversations in the near future and will immediately supplement this answer per the Arkansas Rules of Civil Procedure. :twisted: