Collection now being handled by Foster Garbus

lbcmtony

I have had four accounts that I have been working on in the past 12 months. 2/4 I have paid and this past weekend I received a discontinuance of stipulation with Prejudice on one for improper service. That account was with a debt buyer. So since the slate was wiped clean on that account I had planned on paying the settlement on my last one.

The collection agency was OSI. The original account was with Capital One for $3500 and has grown to $6000, and the person I was speaking with agreed to a settlement over the phone of around $3000 once I had everything worked out with the debt buyer for the improper service case. Well I called today and they said to call capital one and so I did and they informed me that Foster & Garbus now has the account. Not 100% sure if they bought it. The capital one agent refused to give a straight answer

I have there phone number but I really do not want to call them just yet. I am trying to figure out a course for action. I know they are not going to offer the same settlement. I am thinking maybe I should see this through to a judgment and see if this company serves me improperly like they all seem to do or have them provide the documents as to where they got their numbers, and settle from there.

I have a company doing credit repair for me for the past 12 months, and I noticed that 2/3 credit bureaus are no longer reporting this capital one when I pulled my report last week. Which I thought was strange bc I kept getting letters stating this account had been verified. I am assuming since this was sold to Foster Garbus Capital One no longer has on their books which is why its getting removed? Nor do they care about it.

Anyhow any information on how I should approach this would be great.

If the debt is outside the SOL for collection, tell them to eat dirt. In addition, if the date of last payment was in 2004, it should no longer be on your credit report.

Did you ever make any payments to a collection agency for the account? Did you make a written promise to pay?

I am not a 100% positive but I do not think I have made a payment or agreed to payment with them since I first started going late.

If it is past 7 years why is still on my credit? I constantly get letters from the credit bureaus stating the debt is valid and to please stop writing them about this debt. Meaning tell the company you are working with to stop. Up until last month it had been reporting by all of the bureaus.