Anyone dealing with Bishop White and Marshall

Rikkivs,

They maybe upstanding in Washington, but the group from Concord, California are an off shoot of Mann Bracken. MB had a case of mine and the went BK, Bishop White and Marshall signed on.

This was a large sum debt for me, used the consumer attorney I found and they folded like a cheap suit, dismissed with 30 days of recieving the subsitution of attorney notice.

So IMO they are your typical Default Judgment seeking group, with a little fight you should beat them.....

Yeah I find it interesting Pickles that you think they are fair. We've been objecting to this alleged debt for a few years now and asked them to investigate the matter. They said 'We'll look into it' and a year and a half later they sued us. They act like pondscum imho.

Yeah I find it interesting Pickles that you think they are fair. We've been objecting to this alleged debt for a few years now and asked them to investigate the matter. They said 'We'll look into it' and a year and a half later they sued us. They act like pondscum imho.

I guess the basis of the fight determines how fair and reasonable one perceives them to be. In my case, I took them to arbitration, they followed, we came to a mutually agreeable resolution, etc. I have just found that maintaining communication with them is the key and they are a bit flexible, at least in my case. On the other hand, I did not get out from under the debt, just got the resolution I could manage. That may be the difference, plus it was the group in Seattle, not the one in CA that Skippy referenced.

I guess it all comes down to what your expectations are for a resolution.

Pickles :lol:

My experience has been less that awesome..They picked up a 10k discover card debt that was charged off and have raised it to 11500 in 12 months..

At one point when I was trying to short sell a rental the best settlement they offered is for me to give them 8500 to release all or 4500 to release home..Due to this the home is now in a non judicial foreclosure and their position is less than excellent..

Several calls I have made have not been returned... the last offer was for 5k.. Ironically this is my last of 6 settlements..(Citi Mortgage 188k for 11k..Wells Fargo mortgage 103k for 14k..Citi cards 19k for 6k..Rivermark credit union 22k for 5k..) They have definitely been the toughest..good luck