Transunion forcing me to use online dispute?

My wife and I just received a form letter from TransUnion in response to our first round of letters to the CRAs. They enclosed a copy of our credit report and a cover letter, asking us to submit disputes online. Is this something new?

I was always told to not submit disputes online.

Ok

I read the cover letters again. They are providing me a copy of my credit report and at the same time suggesting that I submit disputes online.

Should I give it a few weeks to see if they actually acknowledge my disputes? Maybe they give out the reports as standard practice?

I would never dispute on-line which I did in the begining of my dispute process in 2008. I am a victim of I.D. Theft where someone used my identification to create a fraudulent account, there is or was at that time only boxes that you would check to discribe your dispute such as _ not his/hers, _ never late and so on but what the didn't have a box for was I.D. Theft and they didn't allow you to explain your circumstances. So no like everyone has already said on-line disputes are good for them but bad for you. Be Blessed! S.A.

Dispute on paper only. Disputing online gives the CRA's 45 days to deal with the dispute, whereas paper is 30.

Also, with an online dispute, the previous comments are right. There is NO paper trail with an online dispute. Sure, they'll give you a transaction number, but what does this really mean? It's only evidence that YOU filled out an online form. It doesn't show RECEIPT by someone specifically at the CRA.

Confirming a CRA has RECEIVED and HAS KNOWLEDGE OF errors on your credit report is KEY to solving those issues. With proof the CRA has knowledge of errors, AND if they fail to correct those mistakes, this is called "defamation" and is legally actionable. But first, you have to prove the CRA knew, and the best way is via mail.

Send in your disputes CERTIFIED mail, return receipt requested (the little green card thing). It costs a few bucks, but its better for you in the long run.

As for sending off the report... I'm not sure they're actively looking at your dispute. TU tends to send me a fresh free report after every correspondence, regardless of the content of my letters.