Discover Dismissed / JAMS still open

Chewbacca

About a year ago Discover filed suit against me. Since I am in FL, I slapped them with a MTC Arb right out of the gate. Over the last few months, I have sent Discover and their Atty (4 different attys so far) four letters requesting that they cover my JAMS fee. No Response has ever come back. This law firm goes through Attys like my kid goes through diapers.

To my surprise, Discover's hired law firm has dismissed my case w/o prej in court. JAMS has also sent me another bill. I am not sure what to do at this point. If Discover refiles and I still have an open JAMS case they would be in violation correct? Do I send Discover another request to pay JAMS? If push came to shove, I could pay JAMS like 20 or 30 bucks a month. Can you pay JAMS with a money order?

What are the chances that Discover has given up on me?

Edited by Chewbacca

Don't let JAMS close the case because you didn't pay your fees.

As nobk4me suggested, pay them something.

You could pay them $50 and ask them to put that toward your fees. Or you could try the $30, but do something. Whatever it takes, pay and keep it open. Then once your fees are paid, if Discover does not pay and JAMS closes for nonpayment, you're in the clear!

As for a money order, I am guessing they would as they take checks. :)++