JDB/OC contracts now saying "documentation unavailable"?

ccposter

In the past few days there was an NYTimes article about Wells Fargo selling bad cc accounts saying that they were being sold with the advisory "documentation unavailable" in the contracts. Sorry, cannot find the link at this time.

I am wondering if this is a new development. I had a JDB calling for seven months without ever mailing over a WF cc account. They finally gave up when I never answered.

I am wondering if the reason they didn't bother mailing to legally go forward is because the contract said documentation would be unavailable so they knew there would be no reason to waste a postage stamp since I'm guessing they were told I requested VR with the first CA which was on assignment (according to the OC).

This particular account had a signed agreement 20 years ago with a regional bank prior to a WF takeover, and I would request discovery to find it if this ever went to court.

Pretty common. That's why it is sold as "junk debt." Even when documents are avaliable, all the documents are seldom available.

This is just how the game/system works. They will make up affidavits to bring to court with fancy sounding names of those who signed it. However, at the end of the day, when you cut through all the b.s., everybody is just repeating what somebody else told them (hearsay).

This is far from anything out of the oridinary, in fact, would be shocked by anything different.

On a side note, you don't need an application or contract to prove a credit card contract. The actions by the parties establish a contract.

In the past few days there was an NYTimes article about Wells Fargo selling bad cc accounts saying that they were being sold with the advisory "documentation unavailable" in the contracts. Sorry, cannot find the link at this time.

I am wondering if this is a new development. I had a JDB calling for seven months without ever mailing over a WF cc account. They finally gave up when I never answered.

I am wondering if the reason they didn't bother mailing to legally go forward is because the contract said documentation would be unavailable so they knew there would be no reason to waste a postage stamp since I'm guessing they were told I requested VR with the first CA which was on assignment (according to the OC).

This particular account had a signed agreement 20 years ago with a regional bank prior to a WF takeover, and I would request discovery to find it if this ever went to court.

Oh man, if you think the reason it didn't go forward was because of a postage stamp I have news for you.

Think about this - this is a numbers game. They already know they don't have standing. Read the board, all of this stuff with JDB's and CA's is all about lack of standing. Some of us choose to fight them, others cave in and pay. But truly - this is a numbers game from the JDB's standpoint, they ask and they DO get real money, and the amounts they collect without a shred of evidence would truly astond you. It's in the hundreds of millions a year.

I'd consider you lucky that they never pursued. You should pull your credit report anyway. Just to check and make sure the bastards haven't dinged you.

If they have, you can learn how to fight them properly here.

LOL, you know what that would mean if you acquired the contract that the debt was allegedly sold to the JDB under after they sued you?

Exactly, usagi. If you filed a discovery motion asking for the copy of the contract because "upon information and belief" all such contracts contain that wording and that would necessarily make all their filings fraudulent, seems they would withdraw the suit immediately. Might also make a case for punitive damages.

If anyone could find the link, I'd really like to read that article.