CRS And Associates

acarter

Hi Guys,

I have been getting calls from CRS And Associates.

It all started about 4 days ago. I got a call from a rude lady who stated that if I didn't pay them the amount stated, they were going to sue me.

Well, I have never (to my knowledge) received anything in the mail from them. They state they are representing US Bank (which had pursued me via Pinnacle Credit). They were able to verify the amount I owe and knew what it was for, but the lady got agitated when I stated they would need to mail me something (so I could do a DV on it). She said if I didn't pay it quickly, they were going to sue and garnish my wages. She also said she would not mail me anything, she preferred to email me something (because of the time sensitivity). I verified my address, but she refused my request of a letter. I was in a rush so I hung up on her.

Today, I got a phone call from them and they left a voice message.

Here is the EXACT transcript of the voicemail:

"XXXX this is Ms. Salter, I'm calling from the finalization division of CRS And Associates. Need to hear from you today before 10am CST, if not we're going to go ahead and go on with our court proceedings against you. You are vowed to give a statement at 10 o'clock, if we don't hear from you at that time we will go ahead and tell them know you have no intentions of taking care of this account and they will go ahead and pursue you in court. You have a good day."

My question is - how many laws did this lady break in this one voicemail she left me? My voicemail does not state my name, only my phone number and "leave a message".

What do I do from here? Sorry I'm a complete newbie and I hope I posted this is the right section.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by acarter

Hi Guys,

I have been getting calls from CRS And Associates.

It all started about 4 days ago. I got a call from a rude lady who stated that if I didn't pay them the amount stated, they were going to sue me.

Well, I have never (to my knowledge) received anything in the mail from them. They state they are representing US Bank (which had pursued me via Pinnacle Credit). They were able to verify the amount I owe and knew what it was for, but the lady got agitated when I stated they would need to mail me something (so I could do a DV on it). She said if I didn't pay it quickly, they were going to sue and garnish my wages. She also said she would not mail me anything, she preferred to email me something (because of the time sensitivity). I verified my address, but she refused my request of a letter. I was in a rush so I hung up on her.

Today, I got a phone call from them and they left a voice message.

Here is the EXACT transcript of the voicemail:

"XXXX this is Ms. Salter, I'm calling from the finalization division of CRS And Associates. Need to hear from you today before 10am CST, if not we're going to go ahead and go on with our court proceedings against you. You are vowed to give a statement at 10 o'clock, if we don't hear from you at that time we will go ahead and tell them know you have no intentions of taking care of this account and they will go ahead and pursue you in court. You have a good day."

My question is - how many laws did this lady break in this one voicemail she left me? My voicemail does not state my name, only my phone number and "leave a message".

What do I do from here? Sorry I'm a complete newbie and I hope I posted this is the right section.

Thanks in advance!

1. No "this is an attempt to collect a debt" or "this call is from a debt collector"

2. Not sending the 30 day notice to request validation is a violation. That would be your word against theirs, but I'd put in an affidavit.

3. Refusing to allow you to request validation. Again, your word against theirs.

4. If they don't really plan on suing, they've threatened an action they didn't intend to do, but we don't know if they really plan to sue or not.

It doesn't matter how many violations they commit. If you sued, it would all be in one lawsuit (action). The FDCPA limits the award to $1000 per action (lawsuit).

This could very well be a bogus firm. The reason she wouldn't give you an address could be because they don't have one.

If they are legit, you have the voicemail. Just be sure to save the number on your caller ID. Hopefully, your voice mail announces the time and date the voice mail was left so it can coincide with the number on your caller ID. It's just good confirmation.

In addition, you could write down the details of your conversation in an affidavit.

If it's a legitimate agency that can be located, you can either sue them yourself, or get an attorney. That voice mail is a slam dunk.

Thank you! I thought you could sue for more than 1 violation in 1 lawsuit.

You can have 100 violations in one lawsuit. But the statutory damages are limited to $1000 per lawsuit. The damages are not for each violation. However, some people are able to prove punitive damages, as well. An attorney could advise you about that.

I actually did a cute little "Dosey Doe" with these scoundrels. They told me to report back to them before 4pm east. and it was of utmost importance to me. This dolt obviously thought I was one of the army of sheep who eat their crap daily, boy was he mistaken.

I demanded he tell me what the big rush was and If I had won a free cruise or something. He said I must call at certain number before at certain time to get all the details. Once again I played 'Joe The Dope' and asked if he could tell me what this entails and if I was pre-selected to win something. He told me it has nothing to do with that, but you need to call ASAP before 4pm.

I do not know the exact law or provision this envolves, but the Buttsniffer wanted me to call him. I assume if you call them back they will try to use that against you in some way.

It was clear where this was going, so I continued the dance and told senore' Buttsniffer that unless he tell me exactly who, why and what this pertains to he would not hear back from me...Finally, I told him to put my winning whatever in an envelope and mail it to me.

that is how it ended a few months back and there is now a new bolder CA trying to cash in on junk.. amazing

Gather any and all information they are willing to give, you may be able to use it against the filthy animal in the future. :lol: