Equable Ascent trying to sue post arb election

kim662

Almost a year ago I received a letter from Weltman, Weinberg and Reis saying that a lawsuit is being filed against me. I check online court cases and sure enough, they had been trying to serve me. I then sent them crrm dv/arb election letter. Couple days later they dismissed the case. w/o prej of course. They sent me their so-called validation. A few statements and a copy of a copy of an application that does have my signature on it. But no account numbers or anything really specific. I sent them back another letter saying the account is still in dispute and arb election stands. This letter went to both equable and the attorney. They send me validation again. Same things. I send another letter. Same thing. Now they are trying to serve me again. Trying to find out what would be the best way to go. Should I initiate arbitration now? Let them serve me so I can sue for breach of contract?

alleged debt is around 2400, within sol, oc wamu/chase, acct since 2007, last pymt 2010. in Michigan.

Still haven't been served but looks like they tried to get judge to approve substitute service and she said no, because they hadnt tried wknds yet. So, maybe I'll get it soon. I have dv'd them with election for arb 2-3 times. Would it be better to be served or file with JAMS now? I can countersue if I get served, right? Or is it just a better case in JAMS? Also, would I be able to do it myself if I have to file a countersuit?

• 4 weeks later...

Update. Looking for anymore input. Still haven't been served. But I have been given advice to initiate arb now before being served. I don't know which way to go. Can anyone give me some pro's/con's? They are violating already by pursuing this in court right? Since I've sent them my letters electing arb?