Need help with Convergent Inc for a debt with BofA

Try2getlifeback

I had a bad check with BofA on feb, 2012( amount about $2900) and they called me, said that I have until 4/20/2012 to pay off. I told them I need that agreement in writing but they said they don't have that kind of letter in their overdraft department. Now ( 4/5/12) a collection agency name convergent inc, ( address from a PO box in Renton, WA) send me a letter saying I owe them the money I owe to BofA. What should I do? Should I do a debt validation first or should I settler the debt and pay for deletion? Please, help. I live in CT and when I checked, this CA does not have an office here. So can they sue me?

• 1 year later...

Convergent is owned by the Sherman Group. They are notorious for violating the fdcpa. Send them a dv first and see if they say they own the debt or not. If you get Convergent off your back they will send it to LVNV who is another ca owned by the Sherman Group. LVNV violates often also.

After LVNV goes away they will send to one of their other 10 collection agencies.....Sherman Aquisitions, Resurgent, Ascent, and some others.