how to remove OC from credit report?

badgermom

I have 4 OC reporting on my cr with high balances.they are charge offs. They have been on there since 08. I made mistakes trying to work with debt settlement company. I now know what not to do with my credit! I would like to get these removed and improve my credit scores and I would like to refinance. Any advice? How should I negotate with them? will they even negotate with me at this point? Help!! Thanks

I have 4 OC reporting on my cr with high balances.they are charge offs. They have been on there since 08. I made mistakes trying to work with debt settlement company. I now know what not to do with my credit! I would like to get these removed and improve my credit scores and I would like to refinance. Any advice? How should I negotate with them? will they even negotate with me at this point? Help!! Thanks

Have they been sold? If yes, then they dont have to deal with you b/c they no longer own the debt. You can try to dispute them and see what happens. If they come back verfied, then you can try the 623 route. I wasa able to get a few OC off my report by dipute. Its the JDB(Midland?) that owns the accounts, who is probbaly hurting your CR alot worse than the charge offs.

I do have two accounts reporting by Midland, but they are for different accounts. Midland has bought accounts from Chase and Citibank. The OC still reporting are AMEX, Cap One. and Bank of America. On a separate note, I just realized that the b of A account I was 1099 for this year and already claimed it with my taxes. It is showing up on hubby's report but not mine. the 1099 was in my name. account was joint.. any thoughts on what to do there also?

That thread with Jack Attack is pretty cool. I should try that myself. Looks like they won't be able to verify that much of a detail to every account.