Sign in to follow this  
essexjet

AmEx is my goal!!

My goal this year is to get an American Express card. I don't care which card, blue, green, zinc....

Currently my scores are: ex 551 eqfx 521 TU 547

First round of disputes are out and waiting to hear the results. Also all CA have been DV'd. These accounts are over 6 years old and hopefully being so old they will drop off. I have an open judgement that hopefully I will be paying in full in the next few months.

I'm putting this out there as a goal of mine as I believe that you must write down your goals to be able to obtain them.

Does anyone have an idea of what scores they are looking for? Any advise of what I can to besides what I'm currently doing. I have two credit cards (credit one & HSBC) that are current and never late and an auto loan that has never been late.

Thanks in advance

Have you ever had a card with AmEx before? Did you default? If you have, they will deny you regardless of your score.

On that note, why AmEx? Is there something about it that you think having one is special? Not to ruin your goals, we all have them. There are other cards out there who are just as good if not better :)

Edited by Anza01

Have you ever had a card with AmEx before? Did you default? If, they will deny you regardless of your score.

On that note, why AmEx? Is there something about it that you think having one is special? Not to ruin your goals, we all have them. There are other cards out there who are just as good if not better :)

No I have never had an AmEx card. Why? I think it's one of the hardest cards to get so once obtained, I've know that my credit repair was successful.

I know with the crisis that banks and card places are being real sticky but my credit score is higher then yours. I have one judgement which I'm trying to take care of never knew about it loke story. I am joint on hubs amex and shell card (he has excellent credit when he got his amex card it was in 700's) then he hadded me. But long story short all my stuff is at. The time to drop off. I can't get a card by myself now. So while its good to set goals just know with the economic crisis and all they are being extremly picky. Good luck

It's good to have goals! But, AMEX.. really? I had an AMEX years ago. I could hardly use it anywhere; I got tired of this and closed it. If you want it just to have it for a milestone, great! But, there are more practical, functional cards out there with comparable rewards and service.