Is LHR a JDB or just a CA?

Oceanic Flight 815

I was looking at some old collection statements trying to determine how many times the account has changed ownership.

After the OC gave up trying to collect, LHR started collection efforts in 2008. In 2011 a different CA started sending collection letters.

The first letter (May 2011) listed DHC Consulting as the creditor.

The second letter (Aug 2011) listed LHR Inc as the creditor.

Then the account was sold to MCM in 2012.

Anyone know if LHR actually buys defaulted debts or if they are just a CA and the letter listing them as creditor was an error?

If the debt has been sold, then the OC's tradeline on your credit reports will say "Sold to another lender" and the balance will be $0. The same should be true if one JDB sold it to another. If anyone other than the OC is reporting a balance, send them a nice "...I never did business with you people...prove to me otherwise, or get off my reports or I will investigate my legal remedies..." kind of letter.