ad2s07

Paid Collection Reported After 2 years

Hello, it's been a long time since I have been on this site. I accomplished my goal of repairing my credit. I bought a house, have 5 credit cards (all with limits over $1000), bought a new car. Credit scores are all in the 700's thanks to CIC. Now this is the problem. Two years ago I received a letter from ARS letting me know that my hospital debt was transfer to them. So I contacted them and set up payment arrangements to pay and they agreed. I paid the $70 bill as agreed. I thought everything was fine. Now I check my credit and they reported this as been paid after two years. And you know it's affecting my credit. Refresh my memory, but I know they are not suppose to report anything to your credit within the 30 days. The letter stated if I did not contact them they would put this on my credit. I contacted and paid within the 30 days. I disputed all three bureaus. All deleted but Experian. I am furious. I need to write a letter but want to make sure I am right about them not having the right to report. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello, it's been a long time since I have been on this site. I accomplished my goal of repairing my credit. I bought a house, have 5 credit cards (all with limits over $1000), bought a new car. Credit scores are all in the 700's thanks to CIC. Now this is the problem. Two years ago I received a letter from ARS letting me know that my hospital debt was transfer to them. So I contacted them and set up payment arrangements to pay and they agreed. I paid the $70 bill as agreed. I thought everything was fine. Now I check my credit and they reported this as been paid after two years. And you know it's affecting my credit. Refresh my memory, but I know they are not suppose to report anything to your credit within the 30 days. The letter stated if I did not contact them they would put this on my credit. I contacted and paid within the 30 days. I disputed all three bureaus. All deleted but Experian. I am furious. I need to write a letter but want to make sure I am right about them not having the right to report. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I can understand your frustration but, unfortunately, I suspect it will continue to be reported.

Unless you had a signed contract with the entity who is reporting which stated they would NOT report then they have the right to report so long as it's accurate; otherwise you would have an action against them for breach of contract. But, at least based on your post it doesn't seem as if you had such a contract and you didn't say the reporting is inaccurate.

You can keep disputing and probably have some success but what difference does this one item really make to you? It's going to drop off on its own at some point anyway and I can't imagine that this one, old paid bad debt is going to be that big of a deal moving forward anyway....what's most important is how you are handling your credit/debt now.

Edited by Robert_Nashville