Sallie Mae still reporting negative info on my cr after loan was rehabbed

NeverServed

Ok I think I am going to loose my mind. I have called sallie mae numerous times. I get flipped back and forth between them and the agency I rehabbed my loan with. The Rehab place removed their negative info. But I dispute it with equifax. It comes back the same verified. I sent sallie mae a copy of my cr showing their negative info. Ive called. No one can seem to help me.

What can I do now? What is my recourse with this. Them to still report negatively on this years after they transffered it. Saying its being paid by an insurance company. What can I do ?

When they say it has been paid by an insurance company, what they are telling you is that the loan has been re-insured. That means they sold the loan back to a bank or institution which is normal after a rehab.

Do you still have a copy of the Rehabilitation Agreement Letter(RAL)? In that lettr it states that the negative marks would be removed, and as long as you have a copy you could threaten lawsuit to get what you need. It would pretty much be open and shut in court, since you have both the contract stating your credit would be cleared and a copy of your current credit report showing it has not. You could also charge all court costs associated and probably damages for Sallie Mae being in breach of contract since you rehabbed it.

At this point, if you have the RAL, I would threaten lawsuit and see if anything happens. If you don't get the answer you want I would literally hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit.

If you don't have the RAL, keep calling them and sending them written letters and document every attempt you make.