FDCPA violation?

Shortly after being sued in district court in Massachusetts, I received solicitations for bankruptcy help and credit card consolidation from the same area code as the law firm pursuing the action for the OC. I contacted the solicitor for bk and he indicated a marketing firm examines court records and sold them to him. I asked him many times to tell me the name of the company, he would not tell me. He said if I continued to ask he would consider it harrassment.

Any opinions? I think something fishy is going on.

Shortly after being sued in district court in Massachusetts, I received solicitations for bankruptcy help and credit card consolidation from the same area code as the law firm pursuing the action for the OC. I contacted the solicitor for bk and he indicated a marketing firm examines court records and sold them to him. I asked him many times to tell me the name of the company, he would not tell me. He said if I continued to ask he would consider it harrassment.

Any opinions? I think something fishy is going on.

Why would the OC want you to file BK?

I think this happens a lot and it is nothing more than attorneys looking to make a quick $1500.

Not sure. The timing and location struck me as strange. Also, the response of the bk law firm. Maybe they were trying to get me to admit to the alleged debt?

The OC law firm would no respond in interrogatories when I asked, no response at all, no deny, objection or anything.

I'm leary of the OC law firm.

Nothing illegal at all. It happens all the time. Good for you, but you obviously have never been rear ended by somebody with good insurance. If you ever are, you will need a UHAUL to get all the attorney solicitations from your mailbox to your house.

Now I do find it very funny that they told you they would consider it harassment if you keep asking them a question, and they called you. But this is just normal run of the mill stuff. Court records are public and it's not against the law to pay somebody to go through public records.