I Am Receiving Demand Letters (months) After Being Represented By Counsel

Is this a violation of the FDCPA?

Moreover - my attorney filed a motion to dismiss and the Midland attorneys folded even before the trial date, dismissing the case without prejudice.

The funny thing is, this was in early February and the court still doesn't have the papers that they dismissed the case.... Attorney is looking into that now on why the court didn't get the papers from Midland.

Thoughts? My lawyer seems to think I have a case against them but is not admitted to the Federal Court District on where I reside.

Is this a violation of the FDCPA?

Moreover - my attorney filed a motion to dismiss and the Midland attorneys folded even before the trial date, dismissing the case without prejudice.

The funny thing is, this was in early February and the court still doesn't have the papers that they dismissed the case.... Attorney is looking into that now on why the court didn't get the papers from Midland.

Thoughts? My lawyer seems to think I have a case against them but is not admitted to the Federal Court District on where I reside.

If they know you are represented by council it is a violation to contact you directly.

Guest usctrojanalum

Maybe, maybe not. If the case is dismissed, you are no longer represented by counsel. Just because you were represented by counsel for one case, does not mean you are represented by counsel for the rest of your life.

Unless you have this attorney on a yearly retainer for all matters. Which you or your attorney would have to have notified midland of.