garnishments

turtle1953

Question? Morgan and Pottinger in Ky have slapped a garnishment on my bank account in Ky. They say I have missed a payment,I have given them the check front and back where they cashed it, they wont release the garnishment. How many times can they garnish a account? they say garnishment is over 12000 dollars less than 500 in bank,can they do this weekly. what if i were open a out of state acct can they touch it?

They can hit your account anytime they think there is money in it. I would suggest closing the account as soon as the money is released.

As for an out-of-state account, if you are in a state border community, I am sure they watch for that too. However, they will have the added costs of domesticating the judgement in the state where the bank it. With internet banking and direct deposit, I would almost suggest going to a bank that is not in or near your state of residence. They probably would not find that.