Scores provided after applying for credit?

I had to open a new bank account due to some fraudulent activity and received in the mail from the bank a letter saying they pulled my credit score and provided the score for me. I just applied for a CC and received a decline letter with my score also provided. Is this something new? What type of score would have been provided to me. The bank pulled from Equifax and the CC from Experian.

GOOD NEWS. You shouldn't be concerned.

When you are denied credit, housing, or a job as a result of negative information on your credit report (any credit report used for these purposes), you are required to be sent this kind of info. The point being, if you've been declined, you have a right to know why (FCRA, various state laws as well mandate this type of disclosure).

This requirement is also how many identity theft victims initially find out that their identities have been stolen.