Beergoggles

Lets get the clean up started

Well hello all in Credit repair and thank you in advance.

Ok well I have been dealing with Midland Funding, I have recently won a case not a dismissal but a judgement for me. Now I need to start removing this stuff from my CR. I am confused where to start. I read the newbie threads but still confused.

I want to work on just this one entry being removed right now and then the next one after I whip them in court again.

I need to remove a Midland TL The lawyers hard inquiries and the OC's TL for this particular case. Where do I start? The OC TL says sold or transferred

Thanks again

BG

Hello Mr beergoggles I would start at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

you can check your credit reports on this site for free,if you should notice an error such as midland funding, If you suspect identity theft, you may need to place a fraud alert on your credit report, close compromised accounts, file a complaint with the FTC, or file a police report. Start by visiting the FTC’s identity theft website.If you see accounts you don’t recognize or information that is inaccurate, contact the credit reporting agency and the information provider. For more information, read the FTC’s tips on how to dispute credit errors. The federal FairCredit Reporting Act (FCRA) promotes the accuracy

and privacy of information in the files of the nation’s credit reporting companies.You’re also entitled to one free report a year if you’re unemployed and plan to look for a job within 60 days; if you’re on welfare; or if your report is inaccurate because of fraud, including identity theft.

Experian - 1-888-397-3742; experian.com

TransUnion - 1-800-916-8800; transunion.com

Equifax - 1-800-685-1111; equifax.com

Under the FCRA, both the credit reporting company and the information provider (that is, the person, company, or organization that provides information about you to a credit reporting company) are responsible for correcting inaccurate or incomplete information in your report. To take advantage of all your rights under this law, contact the credit reporting company and the information provider.Tell the credit reporting company, in writing, what information you think is inaccurate. Include copies (NOT originals) of documents that support your position. In addition to providing your complete name and address, your letter should clearly identify each item in your report you dispute, state the facts and explain why you dispute the information, and request that it be removed or corrected. You may want to enclose a copy of your report with the items in question circled. Your letter may look something like the one below. Send your letter by certified mail, “return receipt requested,” so you can document what the credit reporting company received. Keep copies of your dispute letter and enclosures.

Credit reporting companies must investigate the items in question — usually within 30 days — unless they consider your dispute frivolous. They also must forward all the relevant data you provide about the inaccuracy to the organization that provided the information. After the information provider receives notice of a dispute from the credit reporting company, it must investigate, review the relevant information, and report the results back to the credit reporting company. If the information provider finds the disputed information is inaccurate, it must notify all three nationwide credit reporting companies so they can correct the information in your file.

When the investigation is complete, the credit reporting company must give you the results in writing and a free copy of your report if the dispute results in a change. This free report does not count as your annual free report. If an item is changed or deleted, the credit reporting company cannot put the disputed information back in your file unless the information provider verifies that it is accurate and complete. The credit reporting company also must send you written notice that includes the name, address, and phone number of the information provider.

If you ask, the credit reporting company must send notices of any corrections to anyone who received your report in the past six months. You can have a corrected copy of your report sent to anyone who received a copy during the past two years for employment purposes.

If an investigation doesn’t resolve your dispute with the credit reporting company, you can ask that a statement of the dispute be included in your file and in future reports.

Dispute Letter

Date

Mr beergoggles

Your Address, City, State, Zip Code

Complaint Department

Name of Company

Address

City, State, Zip Code

Dear Sir or Madam:

I Mr beergoggles am writing to dispute the following information in my file. I have circled the items I dispute on the attached copy of the report I received.

This item (identify item(s) disputed by name of source, such as creditors or tax court, and identify type of item, such as credit account, judgment, etc.) is (inaccurate or incomplete) because (describe what is inaccurate or incomplete and why). I am requesting that the item be removed (or request another specific change) to correct the information.

Enclosed are copies of (use this sentence if applicable and describe any enclosed documentation, such as payment records and court documents) supporting my position. Please reinvestigate this (these) matter(s) and (delete or correct) the disputed item(s) as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Mr beergoggles

Enclosures: (List what you are enclosing.)

Experian

P.O. Box 9702

Allen TX 75013

TransUnion

TransUnion Customer Relations

P.O. Box 34012

Fullerton, CA 92834

Equifax

Equifax Information Services, LLC

P.O. Box 740256

Atlanta, GA 30374-0256

All three will need a dispute letter sent CMRR. Then when you whip them do the same thing again.

Edited by racecar

Start with the basics. I would dispute in writing with the CRAs. Include copies of your court documents. Point out that Midland did not dismiss the case, but that the judge granted judgment in your favor.

The CRAs must contact Midland for verification. If Midland verifies, you send them a letter.

KD is one of the terms that may appear in the "Account History" portion of your report. If an account is current and there is no problem, you should see the code OK in green for that month. If you see a yellow number; 30, 60 or 90, this describes the number of days of a late payment. KD usually appears in red.Depending on the account or event, KD can describe a number of different things. It could refer to a charge-off, a claim or a term default. It may also It could refer to a bankruptcy petition or discharge. It could also be used if you reaffirmed one of your loans in bankruptcy, but then had that rescinded. Usually credit reports use a different code, RF, for foreclosures, but occasionally a foreclosure can be represented by KD.

Sometimes you can experience a KD on your report when you believed you were doing the right thing. Some people who perform a short sale in order to avoid a foreclosure may find that it appears on their credit report as KD. This can be despite the fact that the bank agreed to the sale. A credit account that goes into collection will appear as a KD even if you subsequently pay off the balance in full---just the fact that it went into collection allows it to remain as a derogatory on your report regardless of the payment status.If you are seeing KD on your report describing an event that is more than seven years old, you may be able to dispute whether it should still appear on your report. Many negatives must be removed after this period. Some others, bankruptcy information included, can remain on your report for up to 10 years. File a dispute online with the credit bureaus if you think it should be removed, and check the rest of your report for similar old negatives.

Be sure to dispute with all three credit bureaus.

Experian

P.O. Box 9702

Allen TX 75013

TransUnion

TransUnion Customer Relations

P.O. Box 34012

Fullerton, CA 92834

Equifax

Equifax Information Services, LLC

P.O. Box 740256

Atlanta, GA 30374-0256

Edited by racecar

Well I sent off my first letter but only to 1 CRA. I am waiting for the hard copy of my CR from the other 2. I just called and asked for one they said it was free. I only sent the one because it was the only one I had a recent copy of. Hopefully I get the stuff removed.

Thanks for the update, beergoggles. I've been a little hesitant to even start because I feel so overwhelmed by all the information and then trying to pick where to start. But nothing will change if I do nothing and your update made me hopeful again!

Ok Equifax just mailed me a letter stating they removed the CC but not the Midland funding acct that was related to it. I sent them the judgement ( not a dismissal) I have but they still say it is mine. Exact words are this "We have researched the credit account #XXXXXXXXX the results are: additional information has been provided from the original source regard this item. We verified this item belongs to you. If you have any additional questions about this item please contact Midland.

Hmm They claim identity theft, I have a judgement against them and they still say its mine after I sent in all the proof otherwise. I think maybe I need to start having more conversations with Coltfan1972.

Sounds like Midland hasn't learned their lesson. You might want to send Midland a nice (I'm being sarcastic, of course) letter. If anyone at the company has a working brain cell, they'll delete. If they refuse to delete, you know what to do.

They also must forward all the relevant data you provide about the inaccuracy to the organization that provided the information. After the information provider receives notice of a dispute from the credit reporting company, it must investigate, review the relevant information, and report the results back to the credit reporting company.

RaceCar--

The above quote is from an older post and I wanted to ask if you're sure about this and if you have any references for me to use in the FCRA.

My understanding is that the CRAs take all disputes, ignore any evidence, and then turn them all into a 2 digit code that is then transmitted to the CA who has somebody sitting at a computer pressing "Validated" for all of the disputes. (and thus no real investigation takes place.)

If they're required to forward the relevant information, wouldn't every incident of saying its "verified" when they never did an actual investigation, be another FCRA violation? (And where in the FCRA is this, if you know it off hand.)

I think the funny thing is-- they often admit they dont' do an investigation by saying you have to talk to the furnisher if you have questions. If they'd really done an investigation they could answer the questions.

Yeah how can they investigate and say its mine yet remove the OC? I am dumbfounded.

RaceCar--

The above quote is from an older post and I wanted to ask if you're sure about this and if you have any references for me to use in the FCRA.

My understanding is that the CRAs take all disputes, ignore any evidence, and then turn them all into a 2 digit code that is then transmitted to the CA who has somebody sitting at a computer pressing "Validated" for all of the disputes. (and thus no real investigation takes place.)

If they're required to forward the relevant information, wouldn't every incident of saying its "verified" when they never did an actual investigation, be another FCRA violation? (And where in the FCRA is this, if you know it off hand.)

I think the funny thing is-- they often admit they dont' do an investigation by saying you have to talk to the furnisher if you have questions. If they'd really done an investigation they could answer the questions.

You are spot on with that. If you look in my thread "Fathers judgement on my CR-HELP", I have now disputed with TU twice about my fathers judgement being on my CR. The second time I sent in the court documents that list my fathers full name for proof that its not mine (we have different middle names, I included my license, passport, and SS Card in my dispute).

Well TU Somehow verified the info and its still on my report, but now it says "Paid Judgement" which is also incorrect as the account was part of my fathers bankruptcy.

Several months ago I received 2 dunning letters from Midland on 2 different accounts.

I DV'd them. No response. But their 2 TLs remained on my CR.

I disputed with the CRAs twice. Both times the 2 accounts came back as "verified," even though in my letter I explained I had contacted Midland for verification of the debt and Midland was unable to verify.

Yesterday I sent a letter to Midland outlining what has transpired to date (in case they didn't keep records :roll:). I then told them they need to delete their TLs, as they were unable to verify the accounts.

I went on to say that my next communication with them would be in the form of a Summons and Complaint (I know many suggest sending a fileable Complaint with the letter, but I was in a hurry to get the letter out. I can have the Complaint SERVED later, if needed.) Then I added that I had already won 2 cases that can be verified on PACER, and I would bet I could be found on WebRecon, as well.

Will see what happens.

OK today I received my order of dismissal with prejudice signed by the judge. Do I need to send these to midland ( or their atty?) as well as the CRA's. Midland did not remove the TL's before. Also they still have not satisfied judgement from my other case. Granted it has only been about 40 days since trial. I did send a demand for payment to the lawyers.

I have already had the OC removed but Midland is still there.

If it were me, I would send a copy only to the CRAs along with a dispute. If Midland verifies the entry or the CRAs don't remove it on their own, then I'd send a copy to Midland with a demand to remove the entry. If Midland still verifies it, it might be time to speak with an attorney.