Do you need the full account number?

bikeluver43

I'm about to send off my disputes to the 3 CRA's. On one of my disputes, as mentioned in a previous thread I posted, I obtained the court documents stating the judgement was my fathers and not my own- this is for Trans Union only.

I've attached a photocopy of my License, SS Card, and Passport which I think would be sufficient.

My only problem for other 2 accounts I'm disputing at first, is that the full account number didn't show up on any of my credit reports. I made sure when I ordered them to check the box that allowed full social number, but saw nothing in regards to account numbers.

Will this hinder the dispute's at all? I'm not sure if I'll be able to find the account numbers at my house, although I should have them in a file from my settlements.

I appreciate any info.

The accounts listed in your file can be partial as long as no 2 different accounts look the same ... for the purpose of you referencing those. They will have the info to know what account you reference.

OTOH, if they claim the accounts are confirmed, they must give you the full account number to allow you to dispute with the information provider since you generally need to provide a full account when doing that dispute.

Yeah the accounts listed in your file can be partial as long as no 2 different accounts look the same ... for the purpose of you referencing those. They will have the info to know what account you reference what Torden said.