Can Credit agency reset my account if I just called them?

brokeA--

I received a settlement offer from asset acceptance..Only $89 on a $1500 debt and says it will be considered paid in full if I accept....Well I called them and asked does this mean it will be reported on my credit report as paid in full (yes)...So I told them I would be sending a check out for the $89... Now as I read this stuff I wish i didnt call them... can they reset my debt for another 7 years if I just say I am going to send a check....what else will they try now ....:? I am thinking about calling them back and recording them as I ask the same questions they said they own the loan and do not sell the loans to anybody else.....lol....

How long a debt stays on your reports is controlled by the date of first delinquency with the original creditor...they can't reset that.

But...$89 for a $1500 debt is too good to be true. Get it in writing BEFORE you send money. My guess is they'll just consider that a down payment...