Cach LLc using new tactic of getting default

Seadragon

arbitration awards.

I was looking up probate information for my wifes mother's estate and I found this:

http://decisions.courts.state.ny.us/10jd/nassau/decisions/index/index_new/lamarca/2009mar/020410-08.pdf

It shows a disturbing tactic of Cach LLC. getting default judgements through the NAF and conferming them through the court.

The New york AG is very anti collector but this seems like a bad thing. Everyone should watch out for such shenanigans.

That's why arbitration has had such a bad rap. NAF was in the banks back pocket.

National Arbitration Forum Class Action Settlement

NAF is not doing consumer arbitrations any longer by settlement agreement. They have been prohibited since mid to late 2009. It was that specific occurrence that helped create a favorable consumer position towards private arbitration since NAF is out of the picture.

Of the banks that have settled the suit, BofA, Chase, Cap1 to name a few, those banks have removed private arbitration completely from their cardmember agreements for I believe, a period of 3.5 years.

Of the banks that have not yet settled, Citi, Amex, Discover, US Bank, those banks, while the suit is pending, were forced to drop NAF and add JAMS.

http://www.arbitration.ccfsettlement.com/documents/files/2010-02-23-stip-and-agreement-with-bank-of-america.pdf

Edited by bad98roadster

NAF Arbitration Awards and confirmed to judgment awards have no merit pursuant to the National Class Action in Minnesota. If you were involved in an arbitration conducted through the NAF you were a part of the class. The only consumers who could opt out were paid in full members. Otherwise you were a part of the class action. The joke of the National Arbitration Forum being legitimate was exposed when they closed up shop within one week of being sued by the Minnesota AG in July 2009. They abandoned a Billion Dollar Cash Cow that was a fraudulent operation for years. Mann Bracken/Wolpoff & Abramson arbitration awards and judgments from October 2001-July 2009 were rendered uncollectible to the tune of $3.8 Billion as part of the "settlement!"